The Prophecy 8.10

It didn’t matter how loudly the Queen cried out that this was impossible. It didn’t matter how hysterical she worked her self up to be either. Everyone inside the hall clearly witnessed the fact that Tang Ao and Jovin were able to successfully turn on the prophesy book. Tang Ao immediately sent people to organize the defense network for the galaxies that were in the direct path of the magnetic storm the second he exited the temple.

The government had to exploit the negative and positive poles of the storm. It was a magnetic storm after all. Therefore, they needed to build magnetic towers on each of the planets that would be hit by the storm. Theses magnetic towers would repel the storm and force it to change its course. Which planet, where on the planet, as well as whether they required a negative or positive charged tower couldn’t be determined easily. Furthermore, they also needed to know the specifications for how the tower should be built. Blueprints for such a tower weren’t laying in the back of their storages. These things needed to be drafted.

Even though Qiao Chen had long known about all these things because of his system, he needed to use the prophesy book as a cover. To stay safe, Qiao Chen needed to claim to know all of these things due to the prophesy book’s calculations

It was a completely different matter to build a magnetic tower for this great nation. They had never thought of building a magnetic tower before. It was nothing like a house or even a commercial building. The tower required a lot of rare ores and various advanced equipment. Luckily for the nation, they only needed to build a magnetic tower on six locations. Once the blueprints were drafted with the ‘prophesy book’s knowledge’, the government needed to move quickly. These towers required a lot of manpower and funds to build them all in such a short amount of time.

The manpower wasn’t difficult to find. There were always ample people on each planet who would volunteer to work for the greater good of the nation. The real problem, however, lay in the treasury. The capital needed to allocate enough funds from the national treasury and send it all to these planets to begin construction. Unfortunately, the national treasury simply couldn’t afford such a massive payment. The citizens were all in an uproar. The nation was on a brink of disaster, and it seemed like the government was refusing to help.

The Ministry of Finance had no choice but to bow to the public indignation and release proof. A detailed revenue and expenditures document was published to the public in order to prove that the government honestly couldn’t afford to pay for the defense project. The public was even more upset once these documents were published. The report showed that most of the national treasure, all their tax money, was all spent due to the royal family’s excessive lavish lifestyle.

The magnetic storm drew closer and closer, and there wasn’t much time left to spare. The magnetic towers needed to be built by all possible means. In this time of darkness, Tang Ao shone brightly. He was able to draw out most of the money required from the southern galaxy’s providence coffers. Furthermore, there were voluntary donations from the people. With these two funds combined, there was enough money to complete the project. The money was quickly sent to the planets that needed it. The planets all built the magnetic towers at top speed and were able to complete it before the magnetic storm reached the edge of their nation.

—-

The roars from the magnetic storm seemed to be tearing the very fabric of time and space apart. The people who weren’t even within the storm’s pathway could even hear it from their planets. They were terrified. As for those who were within the storm’s course, well they only had one word to describe their state of minds- ‘terror’. If they were still clear headed enough to think of any more ways to describe their situation then the phrase would be ‘scared to out of their minds’. It felt like they were on the verge of an apocalypse. No one in this country had survived a magnetic storm before, so doubts and fear bubbled in their minds.