The Rich and Powerful Occupy the Magpie Nest 1.3

Qiao Chen successfully drove the sports car back home. Before the bet, Mr. Qi repeatedly assured Qiao Chen that he wouldn’t get mad if he lost. But sure enough, Mr. Qi did not have a good attitude towards him for winning.

 After Qiao Chen returned home, he constantly retrieved information on the former Qi Beichen and Wei Zhennan. The two seemed to have no relationship at all.

No emotional relationship- not even a speck of interest between the two was found. The paths of a man disgraced by Qi Yuxuan and the chairman of a large international company were like parallel lines. Their lives never once intersected.

 Wei Zhennan was not married in his previous life… but what does this have to do with Qi Beichen, or even Qiao Chen himself? What relationship did they have with each other? How was it that simply having physical contact could have induced the system to launch the settings? It wasn’t going force him to sacrifice himself to complete the task…would it? Qiao Chen hoped not… 

The phone rang out from the bedside table. Qiao Chen picked up his cell phone to see the notification. His eyes slightly darkened and he immediately changed his clothes to go out.

When he arrived at a deserted coffee shop, Qiao Chen saw a single customer in the store. It was a woman dressed in a dark suit and a neat bun on her head. She was sitting faced away from him, so she hadn’t seen him enter. Qiao Chen walked over and sat in the seat across the woman.

“What do you want from me?”

Chu Mei hadn’t recognized Qi Beichen immediately since his look and temperament changed so much. “Beichen? It hasn’t been long, but you’ve changed so much. For a moment there, your aunt couldn’t recognize you.”

 “Just say what you want from me already, alright?” Qiao Chen ordered a cup a coffee. He took a sip and waited motionless.

 “Well… of course you know that your cousin is studying abroad. It’s quite expensive. You’ve gone back to the Qi family now, so you definitely shouldn’t be short on cash. Can you send some money and help out your cousin so he can buy his textbooks?” Chu Mei skipped the small talk she planned on making and just told Qiao Chen her request.

 “Cousin?” Qiao Chen sarcastically made a puzzled face, “He shouldn’t be my cousin. That’s Qi Yuxuan you’re talking about. He’s the cousin your son should be looking for if he needs money.”

“I raised you, didn’t I? You can’t act so distant with me after all I’ve done for you.”

Obviously, Chu Mei looked for Qi Yuxuan. But after his identity was exposed, he didn’t really care to give money for her or her son. The money wasn’t flowing like it was before their identities were exposed.

“Oh, how did you raise me again? Have you forgotten?”

This woman was just as thick skinned as she was in the previous life… to think that she actually wanted him to remember how she “nurtured” him.

After Qi Yuxuan’s biological parents died, Qi Beichen was brought into Chu Mei’s home. When he was a toddler, she only remembered to give him food every now and then. She didn’t actually feed him. She just gave him enough food from time to time so he wouldn’t starve to death. Then, from a very early age, she forced him do all of the chores around the house by himself. For meals, giving him a single bowl of white rice was already generous enough. So of course, for her charity he had to thank her 100 times before he could even take a single bite. Whenever she was angry or just stressed out, she would just beat her anger out on him. Even Wang Mingqiang, her son, took part in it- saying he was a great punching bag. Wang Mingqiang was much younger but far stronger than Qi Beichen. He’d thrash and batter Qiao Chen, but now they had the gall to find him to support Wang Mingqiang through international school?