The Modern Entertainment World 6.3

Zheng Qi exited the elevator and hurriedly walked over to Qiao Chen. She had never met Qiao Chen before. The only communication they had was the two phone calls.

She was able to find him because Cai Hao, Sun Weiwei, and Sun Weiwei’s agent were standing in the lobby. These were the people she knew, so it should have been the unfamiliar man in that group. However, she saw Qiao Chen’s face and thought that he was very familiar. It took her a few moments, but she finally remembered who Qiao Chen was.

Zheng Qi looked around once more before he looked at Qiao Chen. She hesitantly asked, “Are you.. are you the person I have the appointment with?”

“Yes.” Qiao Chen replied.

“Oh…. Were you really the one who wrote the script?” Zheng Qi asked. She was very surprised that Shu Qichen was capable of writing such an incredible script. Why didn’t he write before if he had such ability? Why would someone wait until now to submit their writings?

Sun Weiwei sneered, “You’d better vet him thoroughly. If he plagiarized the script or even had a ghost writer, then he’d push Xingyu’s reputation down the drain. The fault would lie in you- the one who pick up his script.”

“Is this how you’re working for our company, Zheng Qi? You didn’t even check to see who had written the script, but still invited him over here to discuss it? Can you afford the consequences of damaging the company’s reputation?” Cai Hao questioned Zheng Qi.

“I….” Zheng Qi regretted her shock. She had talked to Qiao Chen for a bit before she invited him to the company. She knew through her countless years’ of experience in picking scripts that Qiao Chen was probably the person who wrote the script. Unfortunately, she didn’t control herself and showed too much surprise at Shu Qichen being the writer.

Furthermore, the company had a rule that said they were able to sent the script directly to President Du if it was a particularly good one. Therefore, she immediately sent Qiao Chen’s script to President Du the moment Qiao Chen’s script caught her eye. Afterwards, it was President Du who ordered her to have Qiao Chen come to the company and discuss the script.

Qiao Chen waited while Zheng Qi was silent. Then, out of the corner of his eyes, he saw a certain someone walking through the entrance. Qiao Chen said annoyed, “You’re questioning whether or not I’ve written the script. Well, it should be quite simple for Xingyu Entertainment to find this out. However, I am the only one in possession of the other half of this script and this has become much too troublesome. Let’s forget about this script. We can cooperate at another time.”

“Wait a minute.” Zheng Qi said. She tried to stop Qiao Chen from leaving and saw that Du Jingnan had already arrived. Zheng Qi immediately spoke to him, “President Du! This is Mr. Shu. He’s the one with the appointment to discuss the screenplay with you.”

Du Jingnan looked over and saw Qiao Chen. He raised his eyebrow in surprise and said, “Let’s talk then.”

“I’m sorry President Du. I won’t be cooperating with your company for this script anymore. Let’s meet in the future when we do decide to cooperate.” Qiao Chen replied. He took a step towards the door, but Du Jingnan raised his arm up and stopped him. Qiao Chen looked at the man’s hand and thought, ‘Did he think I couldn’t just push my way through?’ Qiao Chen pushed Du Jingnan’s arm out of the away, but it didn’t budge.