The Modern Entertainment World 6.11

Weidian had been unable to operate as it did normally for some time now. Therefore, now, in the face of a massive online bobycott, they were in a crisis. “Jiu Zhong Tian” was forced into a state of limbo where filming was indefinitely suspended.

Xu Jieming’s acting career was in ruins. He was also likely to face jail charges, so he was staying out of the public’s eye.

One day, Qiao Chen received a call from Xu Jieming requesting a meeting. Qiao Chen agreed. Once he arrived, Qiao Chen watched Xu Jieming sit in the seat opposite to him. Xu Jieming was dressed in an inconspicuous cap and dark sunglasses.

“What do you want from me?” Qiao Chen asked bluntly.

“It was you, wasn’t it? You did all of this!” Xu Jieming glared fiercely at Qiao Chen under his sunglasses.

“You’ve done so many shady things in your life. I can’t be the only person you’ve offend. How can you be so sure that I’m the one who did this to you?”

Xu Jieming did think it over. He had committed many offenses to many people, but Qiao Chen was the only one who had the ability to push him to this point. After all, Qiao Chen had Du Jingnan in his pocket.

“I know it’s you. It has to be you! Why did you do this to me? Was it because I pushed you into Li Huang’s bed? He didn’t even get to sleep with you. How can you be such a vicious person? You’re pushing Liu Yi and me toward our deaths. I never expected you to be such a person.” Xu Jieming clenched his jaw in anger and growled out with vitriol. He hated Qiao Chen from the very bottom of his heart now.

“I was lucky that he wasn’t able to rape me. If I wasn’t lucky, then he wouldn’t have ‘slept with me’. It would have been worse than that. He would have raped me. What else would I have done besides jump off the balcony of that 16th floor room? So do tell me, who pushed who to their death first?”

“You’re just creating straw man argument. None of that actually happened, did it? So now you’re making me pay based off of these could-have-beens?” Xu Jieming roared in a deep voice.

“Sure these things didn’t happen, but weren’t you the one who caused my father’s car ‘accident’ to happen?” Qiao Chen stared straight back at Xie Jieming. The hate and anger in his eyes weren’t any less than the hate and anger in Xie Jieming’s eyes.

Xu Jieming’s haggard face turned even uglier. He never expected Qiao Chen to find out about the truth about his father’s accident. He had been so secretive and careful when he caused the accident. He was 100% sure that he had deleted all the security footage for the Shu family’s car garage. How would Shu Qichen know?

“I already found your partner who fled with the money. Can you guess what he’s already told me?” Qiao Chen stood up and continued, “I’ll see you in court. You’d better find a good lawyer- or you can just wait until the court date and find yourself with a heavier sentence than normal.”

Qiao Chen ignored Xu Jieming’s look of shock. While Xu Jieming was still lost in his thoughts, Qiao Chen left.

“Did you get to do everything you needed to do?” Du Jingnan asked Qiao Chen once he sat in the car.

“There wasn’t much I had to say to him. Everything that should be said will be said in court.”

Du Jingnan started up the car and drove onto the road from the parking lot. A car behind him suddenly attempted to ram into his car. Du Jingnan’s reacted quickly and fortunately avoided it.