Crossing Over Against a Transmigrator 4.6

The blistering summer had finally passed. With arrival of the crisp and refreshing autumn, it was perfect season for hunting.  Although the current emperor didn’t like hunting or even horse riding, the autumn hunt had been carried out since the Taizu* Emperor’s reign. Naturally, the aristocratic families weren’t willing to let go of this opportunity for fun. At this time, they would write to the emperor and request him to hold the autumn hunt.

(T/N: 太祖 is a posthumous title for the founder of a dynasty.)

When everything was ready, the people set out on a grand manner towards Wushan County under the protection of soldiers. There was a temporary imperial residence at the foot of the Wushan Mountains. People were able to hunt and play during the day and then retire to the palace to rest.

The Xiao family and Prince Yong An competed against each other in all aspects of the life. The hunt was naturally what everyone wanted to compete in the most. Even though the majority of Prince Yong An’s faction were scholars, that did not mean that he didn’t have any generals’ backing either. General Yang Sheng had always been at odds with the Xiao family and was long brought to Prince Yong An’s side.

Qiao Chen wasn’t very interested in hunting, but he enjoyed riding horseback. It was invigorating to feel the wind as the horse galloped throughout the mountainside and forest.

Qiao Chen was riding on the horse alone. He unhurriedly rode at the front. Prince Yong An and his party were also on horseback and came up from behind. As they passed him, Prince Yong An stopped and said, “Jingyun, you should follow us. There are too many wild animals in the mountains. It’s too dangerous to go alone.”

Qiao Chen hadn’t gone to his banquets twice now, but Prince Yong An stilled called out to him so affectionately that Qiao Chen had to push down the disgust that bubble up in his heart. Qiao Chen smiled and said, “I’m not going deep into the forest. I’m just walking around this area. There are soldiers everywhere, so there’s no danger. I probably won’t go hunting either. I’m afraid that I’ll trouble the Prince if I follow after.”

“You don’t have to do anything, you can just follow ben wang. It’s hard to come out here. I’d be such a pity if you didn’t get to even see any part of the hunt.”

“Prince, my oldest brother is very weak. I’m afraid that he can’t even ride a horse for too long. Please don’t make things difficult for him.” Cheng Jingrui said and looked at Qiao Chen sarcastically.

“In that case, you can wait here. When we come back, ben wang will share some game with you.”

“It is already good that the Prince can capture the prey. How can You have any extra to give away?” Xiao Qinan and his party stopped on the other side of Qiao Chen.

“The Prince is the master of the pen and the sword. His hunting is no worse than some warrior who just uses his brute strength.” Cheng Jingrui spoke out for Prince Yong An.

“Who are you? Are you qualified to even speak to me?” Xiao Qinan aggressively glared at Cheng Jingrui.

“Why is elder bother so angry over such a nobody? It’s only some illegitimate bastard, who doesn’t know the immensity of heaven and earth. He thinks his words matter because was raised out of that mud pen of his. Such a nobody probably doesn’t even understand that he doesn’t even have the qualifications to be here. Even our big ol’ Blackie is more qualified to be here than that thing over there. Huh, Blackie?” Xiao Qibei, Xiao Qinan’s younger brother, mocked Cheng Jingrui to pieces. The big black dog sitting beside them responded with two barks.*