Interstellar Military Cadets 5.1

Warning: This entire arc had dubcon. There’s controlling/abusive ‘BDSM’ elements in the story. I recommend you skip this arc if you don’t like that kind of thing.

Before Qiao Chen even opened his eyes, he smelled the earthy scent of damp mud and felt it compressed under on his back. The gravel under his body made him feel uncomfortable too. When he opened his eyes, he could only see a bright light shining through a hole over his head. Other than what rays of light shone through the opening, he was surrounded by pitch black.

Qiao Chen sat up and rubbed the back of his neck. It throbbed with pain every time he moved his head. It was obvious to him that someone attacked him from behind and then threw him into the cave after he was knocked out.

Before Qiao Chen could recall the events in this life, he felt something wrong with the atmosphere around him. As he looked around, he saw many green eyes glinting from the darkness as they stared at him.

They were wolves! Qiao Chen cautiously looked at those green eyes and quickly used the system to obtain the world’s information. He needed to immediately figure out how to deal with the situation at hand.

Qiao Chen was currently surrounded by wolves. However, these weren’t just any wolves. They were wolves with a thorny bramble ability. The bramble wolves were extremely ferocious and notoriously difficult to deal with. A single thorny bite from these beasts would seriously injure or maim the victim- if they were even able to survive that single bite from this beast.

Previously, they couldn’t tell whether Qiao Chen was dead or alive, so they patiently and motionlessly waited. However, now that Qiao Chen had woken up, the glint from their green eyes clearly portrayed their intent to attack.

If Qiao Chen was just an ordinary person in this life, then even if the system helped, it would have been child’s play for these wolves to slaughter him. Luckily, this body had very powerful abilities. Unluckily, the abilities were extremely unstable and required the use of mechanical shields to maximize the user’s capability to wield their abilities.

Qiao Chen slowly and cautiously picked up a mechanical shield that was dropped nearby. Qiao Chen turned on the device under the moon’s light to check if it could function. The mechanical shield’s ability activator function couldn’t start up. The defense system couldn’t initiate either. Only the recording function was barely able to turn on.

There was no time to repair the mechanical shield, and he didn’t have any tools to repair it anyways. Qiao Chen had no choice but to have the system use the shortest amount of time to stabilize the abilities in his body and continuously strengthen it. He had to reach the point where he would be able to use his abilities without a mechanical shield.

Qiao Chen looked at the pair of green eyes as it methodically approached him. He was sweating profusely due to the system running its programs faster than his body could handle.

The bramble wolf snapped open its drooling mouth and lunged at Qiao Chen. He immediately concentrated his energy and a beam of light shot out. The bramble wolf was hit while midair and blood splattered from the wounds. The force of the beam caused its momentum to stop, and it crashed onto the ground. It attempted to get back up and struggled a few more times before it disappeared into a puff of black smoke. An energy crystal gem emitting a green light, about half the size of an egg, lay where there once was a bramble wolf.

The other bramble wolves felt the strength of Qiao Chen’s ability and took a step back, but still didn’t leave.

The wolves instead chose to approach him all at the same time. Qiao Chen cautiously watched them approach, pushed his stiff and nearly numb body up and off the ground, and slowly backed away.