The Rich and Powerful Occupy the Magpie Nest 1.6

Recently, Qi Yuxuan hadn’t been coming home at night. He also wasn’t clocking in to work at the company. Coupled with the dispirited and washed out aura he oozed, father Qi became concerned. Qi Yuxuan’s brilliance always reassured him, so all these unusual factors caused him to constantly ask Qi Yuxuan about his well being and current situation.

In turn, Qi Yuxuan wanted to quell father Qi’s doubt. So for the past two days now, Qi Yuxuan had been going home on time for dinner. They usually conversed about the company or business matters at the dinner table. Where he pretended to be a studious person in front of the family, so they would think he was a promising seed. Then he would flatter his father with honeyed words- of course he knew exactly how to please his dear father. Mrs. Qi and Qi Yuxin would chime in support every now and then. They played the picture perfect family filled with bliss. Unfortunately, this made the original Qi Beichen, who already had a low sense of existence, feel even more excluded and neglected.

However, it was different now. Qi Yuxuan was very careful with how he presented himself, because he didn’t want to reveal his problems to the family. With Qi Yuxuan so preoccupied with his own thoughts, he didn’t even think about talking to Qi father. Qi father spoke to Qi Yuxuan several times. As Qi Yuxuan continually answered with absent minded and curt replies, Mr. Qi gave up and stopped talking. Qiao Chen never spoke during dinner, so it was only Qi Yuxin who spoke. She rambled on about the purses and clothes she’d been eyeing.

Just as dinner was served and everyone began to dig in, a servant suddenly came over and notified them of a man who wished to speak to Mr. Qi. The man was even surrounded by body guards. Qi father was puzzled. He didn’t know who would bring bodyguards with them to visit his home. However, he thought that they may be some higher profiled business friends of his. He told the servant to escort them in.

Qi Yuxuan saw the person who came in. His face immediately scrunched up in anger, fear, and frustration. He quickly walked over to private speak to them but was blocked by a bodyguard- disallowing him from approaching too closely.

Mr. Qi didn’t recognize this person. He looked confused as he asked, “Who are you?”

The man was none other than the gambling ship manager. After a few quick introductions, he took out the debt contact signed by Qi Yuxuan. He explained, “This is the contract outlining the money Mr. Qi Yuxuan borrowed. His debt amounts to a total of 30 million. He has signed with his signature and fingerprint… Although there is still some time before the total amount is due, I feel that it’s always polite to remind my clients to prepare in advance. Therefore,” the casino manager turned to Qi Yuxuan, “Mr. Qi Yuxuan, it is good to get the money ready beforehand since this is quite a sum.”

“What did you say? A debt totaling 30 million?” Mr. Qi questioned quite loudly. He stared with his eyes wide open in shock. He took the contract into his hands and looked at it carefully. The signature was definitely in Qi Yuxuan’s handwriting. This confirmed that loan was indeed something Qi Yuxuan took out.

“What’s going on here?” Mr. Qi looked to Qi Yuxuan for an explanation.

Mrs. Qi and Qi Yuxin stared at Qi Yuxuan in shock and disbelief. They waited for him to tell them it was a prank, or that he was being framed. Qiao Chen, on the other hand, quietly reduced his sense of existence so he could watch the show.

Qi Yuxuan looked pale. His mouth dried as he explained, “I went to a gambling boat to play a bit. I lost some money. I wanted to play a bit more so I borrowed some more. The more I lost, the more I borrowed…But I didn’t even realize that I kept losing so much, so I kept borrowing more and more.”