Mech Engineer: System V. System 2.14

“Are you feeling embarrassed? How about impulsive? Well? You deserve it!” Qiao Chen glared at Auray and said. The two had returned to Qiao Chen’s lab.

“Even if he’s your brother, you can’t just skip over me and let him pilot the Z-801.” Auray said unhappily. “If he was more qualified than me, then I of course wouldn’t have said anything. But you said it yourself- he isn’t more qualified than I am.”

“I told you I have my own reasons. Can’t you just let me finish saying what I want to say?” Qiao Chen took out a projection screen, turned it on, and handed it to Auray. “It’s the blueprints for my mech. I designed it myself and it’s ready to be built. The enriched minerals that we brought back from before was very compatible with building the mech’s armor, so I submitted a request with the captain and it was approved.”

Auray looked at the interactive 3D blueprints for the new mech on the screen. The mech’s design was far superior to the mechs that were currently available. Even the Z-801 wasn’t as good as this.

“I guarantee that this mech will be much better and stronger than the Z-801. Besides, the Z-801 was specifically created for my father by his lover. Don’t you want to pilot the mech that your lover personally created for you?” Qiao Chen asked.

Of course Auray wanted to very, very much. However, he didn’t know why he couldn’t just give up the chance to indirectly become Qiao Chen’s replacement father. He couldn’t help but utter, “But that’s the mech that your father used to pilot.”

“Even if you pilot the Z-801, to me, you are still you. I will not treat you like my father. I don’t have a daddy kink.” Qiao Chen was truly convinced that this man was addicted to playing daddy. No wonder the soul downloading program immediately activated when it came to his father. Was this man obsessed with his dad or what?

Qiao Chen pulled Auray to sit down onto the couch. He sat himself onto Auray’s lap, wrapped his arms around the man’s neck, and said, “When Henry was little, my attitude towards him was pretty bad. I hurt him and my mother, and I wanted to make it up to him. However, if he wasn’t second to you, then I wouldn’t have picked him either. So I decided to let him pilot the Z-801 and personally make a better mech for you. That’s what I wanted to do to make it up to him. And that’s why I wanted to personally design a mech for the one that I love. That way, wouldn’t I be able to have my cake and eat it too?”

Qiao Chen held Auray’s face and leaned in, forehead to forehead. “This heart of mine… can you understand it?”

Auray tightly hugged Qiao Chen’s waist and kissed him on the lips, so Qiao Chen couldn’t speak another word of disagreement. Suddenly, Auray didn’t feel like arguing over Henry piloting the Z-801 anymore. Instead, he was excitedly expecting and wholeheartedly looking forward to Qiao Chen’s very own new mech coming to life.

In order to build the new armor, Qiao Chen devotedly threw himself into making it. He spent a massive amount of time and energy on it. Sometimes, Qiao Chen became so busy that he’d forget the time. He wouldn’t remember to even eat or sleep. Nevertheless, Auray would keep track for him. From time to time, the thirds fleet witnessed Auray forced Qiao Chen out the lab to rest. And whenever Auray had training, he’d urge Qiao Chen’s assistant to have Qiao Chen eat and rest on time.

Several countries negotiated for most of the year over dividing the resources of the emergent cluster of planets. It took them a lot of time, but they finally came to a conclusion. If they didn’t have talks or the negotiation period, then the star cluster would have had constantly produced various minerals and unknown energy signals. If that had happened, then the talks wouldn’t have finished so quickly.