Mech Engineer: System V. System 2.5

News of the simulation spread like wildfire. The fifth fleet suffered heavy losses as a result of their actions. The new project that they built up with great fanfare was quickly and easily defeated by Qiao Chen’s project. Then, to rub salt into the wound, they had even lost one of their best mechs from their armada because of the whole fiasco. The fifth fleet became the laughing stock among all the military forces. While the other fleets continued to laugh at the fifth fleet’s expense. However, they didn’t wait around for long and quickly dispatched several of their best recruitment soldiers to contact Qiao Chen. They had heard of how his new technology performed so breathtakingly that they wanted to immediately obtain the rights to use the Aerial Guidance and Positioning System for their own fleet’s use.

-Meanwhile-

True to his word, Rouble arrived at Caesar’s house two days later. However, he wasn’t there to take Caesar’s husband, Richard, out for drinks. He was there to learn more about Qiaoyi’s circumstances, and Caesar didn’t hide a thing. He told Rouble everything he knew about Qiaoyi.

“I’ll tell you how I see it, and you better not say that I don’t tell you anything anymore.” Caesar began, “Qiaoyi is one of the best and brightest students I’ve ever had in my entire career. He’s a genius. But you know these genius types always have something that they are severely lacking in. Qiaoyi’s problem is his extremely sensitive heart and very paranoid nature. However, these traits don’t affect his capability. The fifth fleet let him go, because his sensitivity and paranoia were acting up. Now that he’s done with that ex-fiance of his, I’m sure he won’t have a flare up again. So that’s their loss. Qiaoyi is such a promising seed. They gave him up, and I can’t wait to see how badly they regret their decision.”

“Then he is still useful.” Rouble commented as he thought over Caesar’s words.

“Why wouldn’t he be? With the kind of talent he has, it didn’t matter which fleet he went to work at. The ideas he has are beyond us. His work should have been treated like gold. That’s how precious his mind is. And I’ll tell you what… I’m sure that there won’t be a genius of his caliber within the next few centuries.” Caesar’s tone was filled with confidence as he continued, “However, he encountered many technical problems during his time at the fifth fleet, and I’m convinced that he wasn’t at fault. These things were small, but it compounded on top of each other until his work was deemed subpar. But look at what he’s done immediately he left them. How else would he be able to suddenly become a genius again right after he left the fifth fleet? It’s too suspicious.”

Rouble said, “You’re his teacher, so he should be more inclined to listen to you. Why don’t you advise him to come and work at the third fleet’s base? His pay, status, and everything he needs would be top notch. Listen, what I’m saying is just bring him over to our side and I promise you that he won’t be treated poorly.”

Caesar replied, “The kid used to be head over heels in love with someone from the fifth fleet. He insisted on following that person to the base and working alongside them. Now he isn’t blinded by those rose colored glasses anymore, so he’s calmed down immensely. He’s become very rational, calm, and cool-headed in every single aspect of his personality. Another important note is his strong sentimental attachments for his late father. He still hasn’t gotten over how his mother remarried so quickly after the father’s death. That’s a whole other thing too, but anyways back to Qiaoyi. His late father used to be one of your subordinates. After leaving the fifth base, he would most likely want to join the third fleet’s base and follow in his father’s footsteps.”