Interstellar Military Cadets 5.2

Qiao Chen quickly used his abilities to allow him to catch up to the flame lion. Then, he took one huge leap and finally neared the beast. The flame lion seemed to sense a danger approach. It stopped in the middle of a clearing and turned around to face Qiao Chen. It’s body language showed that it was ready to attack at a moment’s notice.

Qiao Chen walked, step by step, towards the flame lion that was several times larger than him. The flame lion spat out a fireball at Qiao Chen and started the battle. Qiao Chen, in turn, sent out an energy barrier to block the fireball. The moment the fireball collided with the barrier, it exploded. The sound of a small explosion echoed out through the air.

Judging by the speed and the energy of the fireball, Qiao Chen calculated that anyone below a B rank would fail to block the fireball attacks. If the fireball found its target, then he assumed that the victim would be seriously injured.

The flame lion spat out over a dozen fireballs in a row. Each one exploded as it collided against the barrier. Qiao Chen’s ability to block its blows seemed to anger the beast and its whole body burst into bright red flames. It began preparing a different attack method for Qiao Chen.

A dozen people stood in the tree behind Qiao Chen and watched the battle. They were all very surprised that Qiao Chen was able to utilize such powerful abilities at will- without the use of a mechanical shield. When other people saw a flame lion, they would usually hide as quickly as possible. It was only this lone cadet who gave chase the moment he laid eyes on the flame lion. After witnessing this scene, it was no wonder he was brave enough to give chase. He had such a powerful abilities.

Qiao Chen used the system to help him calculate the energy needed to defeat the flame lion. Then, he stimulated the energy in his body and began to glow. The glow turned brighter until it shrouded the flame lion within its lights. Qiao Chen gathered these light energies and quickly turned it into a spiraling vortex.

Roughly a few minutes had passed before Qiao Chen retrieved his energy. A fist sized red energy crystal gem thumped to the floor once the light receded.

Qiao Chen plopped onto the ground with one hand supporting him up and the other clutching his chest. He spent too much energy during the battle, so his body couldn’t bear the strain. His chest was throbbing with pain. His next steps should be to refrain from using any abilities right away. If he didn’t do so, then his heart might just burst and then he’d die. It seemed that enhancing the abilities alone wasn’t enough. He had to also strengthen his physical fitness to be able to withstand the use of these upgraded abilities.

After the pain eased a bit, Qiao Chen stood up, collected the flame lion’s crystal core, and stored it in his storage device. As soon as he dropped in, Qiao Chen felt that something was amiss behind him.

Qiao Chen cautiously turned around and found a dozen people standing in a row. They weren’t too far from him. Qiao Chen scanned the crowd, and his eyes landed on the one who stood in front of the group. His eyes widened in excitement and surprise, and his heart began to throb like it had been hit with an arrow.

A gust of wind blew through the night. It brushed through the man’s hair and his windbreaker, while the moonlight cast it’s rays on his face. Even in the dark of the night, the man’s hair-raising-handsomeness couldn’t be weakened or hidden. The powerful aura emanated from him helped a lot too.

Qiao Chen looked at the man while the man looked back at Qiao Chen. After they looked at each other for a while, the man slowly made his way to Qiao Chen.