My Guardian Devil

You might need tissues for this one...

Flashback

"I love our mother-daughter days!" Clarissa smiles as she rests her head against her mother's chest.

"Isn't that almost every day?" Eleanor giggles. "How many corndogs did you eat?" She asks tickling her daughter's stomach.

"You're one to talk! You ate the same amount as me! Not to forget the whole chocolate cake we ate." Clarissa giggles holding onto her mother's hand. "But mom? What brought all this on? You had me skip school two days ago. The first day, we traveled to Skopelos and I still can't get over how beautiful that island is. The second day, we may have made someone's boat sink. And we got back home today, baked cakes and cookies. We had one of our specials at the grill. Then we just had a whole movie marathon while enjoying a stack of corndogs and a whole chocolate cake."

"That boat sinking was your fault, not mine."

"Well if men stop trying to hit on my married mother, we wouldn't be having an issue! So what's up?"

"I..." Eleanor sighs and caresses her daughter's hair. "I just wanted to make some more memories for my beautiful daughter."

"Mom, we make memories every day. Remember that time dad let me drive his car? He told me how proud he was of my excellent driving and nearly cried."

"Yeah but he also suffered my wrath. He knew better teaching our eight year old child how to drive."

"Mom, you know that dad is the devil... Didn't you chase him around the town for like an hour until Aunt Liz got you two to stop? Someone called the cops about a madwoman chasing a devilishly handsome man. Then you demanded to know who called dad handsome." Clarissa laughs.

Eleanor rolls her eyes. "Isn't it time for you to go to bed?"

"Way to change the subject." Clarissa giggles and pokes her mother's cheek. "Good night, mom. Love you."

Eleanor pulls Clarissa into a hug and squeezes her tightly. "...I love you too, my little angel." She holds onto her a little longer before letting go and placing a kiss on top of her head. "Good night."

Clarissa smiles at her mother once more before getting up from the couch. Eleanor watches her daughter go upstairs with a small smile while also shedding a tear. "My little angel, I'll always be watching over you."

The next day, Clarissa walks alongside Enzo with a shocked expression, to her mother's room where Caroline, Ariel and Liz are gathered. Seeing with her own eyes upon what Enzo had told her... Her mother had passed away in her sleep.

"No... No." She shakes her head as she begins to cry.

"Angel-" Enzo reaches out to her.