Prologue

My name is Clarissa Forbes. I'm the daughter of Eleanor Forbes. And my dad? That's a secret for now. My mom was the one who raised me but my dad was still part of my life.

Where do I start? Oh, yeah! When a pair of vampire brothers showed up, everything changed. Good and mostly bad. Things got even worse when Klaus Mikaelson showed up.

Despite all the bad things he had done, I wound up falling for the big bad hybrid that everyone hates. Except me and my adoptive cousin Ariel. She became supportive of our relationship and with time so did my dad, including my cousin Caroline. Even my friends, Jeremy, Bonnie and Damon. The Mikaleson siblings already loved me and Ariel and welcomed us into the family with open arms. Yet people still warned me to be careful about him... If I had known what would have happened, I would have stopped myself from falling in love with him. There three things that Klaus did to me that completely destroyed our relationship. The situation became even worse when my mother passed away.

My dad being the overprotective and supportive person dad he can be, suggested I move to Los Angeles and live with him after my graduation. So that's what I did to get away from all the supernatural drama and Klaus. But some things still happened when I would make visits to Mystic Falls and I wound up pregnant with Alaric and Jo's twins. After giving birth to them, I helped Alaric raise them. Many years later I became the headmistress of the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young & Gifted... But there are still other things I haven't told you all.

So as you can see, I've been through a lot in my life. But you want to know what Klaus did and what other things happened? And who my dad is?

You're going to have to read to find out.