The Talk

BAM! Thought I was done?! Here we go, next chapter!

Kaleb walks into the school mildly irritated. "Damn hybrid just had to cause even more trouble. Making my mother come over to his place to talk. There's nothing to talk about! Charlie and Lottie will never accept him as their father! He has some nerve of even thinking he has a chance with any of them! And why does this school have to be so damn big?!" Kaleb stops muttering to himself once he sees Annie holding a tray of cupcakes. "Cupcakes!"

He runs over to her and she offers him the cupcakes. "Heard your mom and the twins are going to see Klaus and I knew you be angry so I made your favorite cupcakes."

"You're the best!" He says as he gobbles them down. "Did you see Mattie?"

"Several kisses and eight tacos to calm her down."

He sighs. "That's my sister for you."

"So Klaus locked himself up in his room for the past few days?"

"Oh yeah. Gramps and Mattie did a number on him. I guess even the hybrid can even be terrified of the devil."

"How's your mom doing?"

"...She always put a strong front in front of us but... I can see that she's tired. Ever since uncle Ric told her that the Mikaelsons were returning to enroll Hope in the school, she's been distracting herself. Been more happier than usual, focusing on us more than usual. Honestly? I'm scared of her getting hurt again."

"...Let's make sure that doesn't happen then. She's the headmistress of this school and has been like a mother to every student here. All of us look out for each other remember? So if the hybrid plays nice, good. But if he doesn't...he'll have have to suffer every student's wrath will."

"...I forget how scary you can get sometimes. You've been around Mattie too much."

"What can I say? I'm the sugar and she's the spice... Your dad is here! Kaleb, hide the cupcakes!"

"Fudge!"

Clarissa and the twins are standing outside the Mikaelson mansion.

"...Are you two ready?"

"We've always been prepared if this were to ever happen... But are you ready, mom?" Charles asks.

She sighs. "I was hoping I would never have to do this but...some things can't be avoided."

"Don't worry, we've got your back." Charlotte holds her mother's hand.

Before Clarissa can knock on the door, it is already opened by Elijah. "Clarissa."

"Elijah."

"Please, come in."

Clarissa and the twins walk into the mansion and Elijah escorts them into the living room. They see Klaus and Rebekah sitting on one of the couches.