The Princess of Darkness (Part II)

"Detective Decker, wait! Why are you arresting my father?"

"That's what I would like to know as well."

"Because you're interfering with a police investigation. You've broken, I can't even count how many laws. And you pissed me off."

"Right, I can get out of these, you know?"

"Funny."

"He can."

He hands her the cuffs.

"Grandpa, will I get my own set of handcuffs when I'm older?"

Lucifer nearly chokes on his candy and stares at Kailee with a bewildered expression.

"Sweetie, why would you think that?!"

"Mattie has her own set. Uncle Kol and uncle Enzo were fighting over who was the favorite uncle, so Mattie handcuffed them together and left them trapped in the clock tower.

"...I need to have a talk with your sister, she's corrupting this innocent mind of yours."

She giggles. "But I am the devil's granddaughter!"

He chuckles and lightly pinches her cheek. "That you are."

"...How'd you do that?"

He sighs. "Come on, we're wasting time. We should be out there solving a homicide and punishing those responsible."

""We"? You're insane. I'm taking you in, get in the car."

"No, that's boring. Not to mention pointless. Come on, we'll help you. It'll be fun."

"How could you two possibly help me?"

"We have a certain skill set. We can be very persuasive with people and tend to see that others cannot."

"So you guys are psychic or something?"

"No, we can't read people's minds. We're not Jedi. People just like to tell us things."

"Hmm, just-just tell you things? Just confess their sins, just like that?"

"No, not their sins. We have no power over people's sins. We would get a bad rap for that. We have the ability to draw out people's forbidden desires. The more simple the human, the easier it is. The more complex, the more challenging and exciting, really. But no, the actual sins, the sins are on you people."

Clarissa facepalms and shakes her head. 

"You people?" He nods and she decides to indulge him. "...I got it. I got it! The name? The whole Lucifer? And desire's like your superpower."

"More like a gift from God really." Chloe just stares at him with her expressionless face. "Okay, look. Clary, would you like to demonstrate... Where did you get that corndog from?!"

"I was hungry! So while you two were bickering, I got me this corndog and just sat back and enjoyed the show."

"That's why you were quiet this entire time? Also, that doesn't explain where you got it from! And what are your obsession with those things?! I swear you're just like your mother!"

"Not my fault I inherited mom's corndog obsession."

Chloe has an amused expression watching the father-daughter duo bicker.

"So dad, you do your thing. I would like to continue enjoying the show."

He rolls his eyes and turns back to Chloe. "Tell me, detective. What do you desire more than anything else in this life?"