Miss Mystic Falls

At the school, Ella is helping Leon with his tie while in one of the empty dressing rooms.

"My sweet boy, you look so handsome."

"Thanks, mom."

"So how did she react when you gave it to her?"

"...I didn't give it to her." He answers, looking away from her gaze.

"Wh..." She frowns. "What do you mean you didn't give it to her? Do you know what today is?! You were suppose to give it to her last night!" She smacks his arms repeatedly.

"I-I panicked, mom! Please calm down!" He pleads and grabs her hands.

"Calm down? Calm down?! Leo! Did I raise you to be a man or be a wimp?"

"...A man." He answers while looking down.

"Right." She gets out of his grip and starts pushing him out the room "So give her your gift and get it over with! Do you want her to be your future wife or not?!"

In another one of the dressing rooms, Charlotte is getting ready for the Miss Mystic Falls pageant with sister and cousin's help. Anastasia is doing her hair while Mattie does her makeup.

"Be still, sis! Don't want your eye-shadow to smudge do you?"

"I'm sorry! I'm just really nervous!" Charlotte says, fidgeting with her fingers.

"How? Are you forgetting that you were trained by your mom and aunts, all who won Miss Mystic Falls during their time?"

"Ana is right. And you have a good dance partner. I threatened to burn his tail with hellfire if he even makes one misstep."

"...Must you torture my boyfriend?"

"As your little sister and his best friend, it's my job."

A knock on the door, interrupts the three. Mattie places the brush down on the table and goes to open the door, revealing Leon.

"Hi. Sorry to interrupt but I have something for my girl."

"How dare you! Get out! Get the hell out!"

"I'm not even inside, you're blocking the way."

"Leon! You can't see your partner till the event begins! It's bad luck to see her in the dress!"

"It's not like it's our wedding, Mattie."

"Consider it practice!"

"Mattie, enough already." Charlotte says getting up. "You know I have a robe on not my dress." She walks over to the two and stands in front of Mattie. "Hi." She greets with a warm smile.

"Hi... You look beautiful."

She giggles. "But I'm not even in my dress yet."

"Doesn't matter.