Chapter thirteen

Still trying to get this all rapped around his head, Arthur just looks at Merlin. "So, um, how was life over the years?" hiding his flushed cheeks, waiting for an answer. "It was good, I missed Camelot and all of you guys. Even Gawain, can you believe that?"Merlin hears a knock on the door, as he opens it he is tackled by the loud mouthed, Gawain. "Hey! Merlin, so good to see you! Where am I? What is this place? Is this your home? Cool." Gawain finally releases Merlin and walks through the house. "Oh, well yeah this is my home. And did you walk around in you armor? Okay, you need new clothes. One second." Merlin walks into a room and pops back out with new clothes. "Here. Wear this." Merlin throws Gawain the clothes and sits down on the sofa. "Thanks man, so what happened to Camelot?" Gawain asks. "Well, first off, the year is now 2014. And Camelot is no more. We were attacked at all sides. The knights couldn't fight them off. I was trying to get everyone out and into the woods. Not that many survived." Merlin is lost in the past, remembering the screams and fire. "Merlin, please stop." It was Astrina, floating in the air. Merlin quickly puts her down. "Hey, who's this beautiful, young lady? My name is Gawain by the way." Gawain flirts with Astrina. "My name is Astrina, and please, stop flirting with me, it will get you nowhere." Astrina turns him down. Arthur is laughing as he rolls on the floor. Merlin is trying to muffle his snickering. "Well, you are a fiery one aren't you? Well I will make you see soon that I am the right man for you." Gawain states."Not likely, hot shot." Astrina snores. "Gawain, you are taking this really well. How?" Arthur questions. "Oh, well Merlin says that it is a different time, so I'd imagine that it is. So, everything is new and weird." Gawain says. "Wait, how are you okay with the time, and it took Arthur a whole week, and he still doesn't understand?" Merlin asks, slightly making fun of Arthur as he says this. Gawain just shrugs and walks over to the kitchen to get food. Reliania walks over to Astrina, and cuddles up to her side with her head in her lap. Astrina smiles fondly to the Dragon as she brushes it's scales with her hand gently. "That is a Dragon. Merlin what is a Dragon doing in your house?" Gawain asks as he points at Reliania. "Oh, well she is my Dragon. What, are you scared?" Gawain looks at the silver Dragon, then back at Astrina, who eyes have turned the same shade of silver as the Dragon. "A little bit, but can I ask you something?" Gawain inches back from the Dragon as it shuttered by the touch of Astrina's hand. "You just did." Astrina says and starts counting Reliania's scales. "No, that wasn't the question. Is she nice, and if yes, may I pet her?" Gawain asks as shock is on Arthur's and Merlin's face. Reliania lifts her head and looks at Gawain. "Why?" A simple word comes out of Reliania's lips. Gawain mumbles something that only the Dragon could hear. Reliania walks over to him and puts her head into his hand. Gawain pets her then scratches her chin. Merlin laughs, and Arthur looks envious. "How can you pet her, but I can't?" Arthur looks again flabbergasted. "Maybe she doesn't like you." Gawain grins and moves out of the way of a shoe aimed at him. As they laugh, and talk, no one sees the figure in the shadows out side.