Chapter seven

Arthur's POV

Warmth was coming into the window as I wake up when flopping back into the bed and groan into the pillow. "Good morning, Goldie Locks! Rise and shine, to the bright, lovely day." Merlin says cheerfully. I only groan again and then hiss at Merlin for pulling the blanket off me, and opening the windows. "Merlin, haven't you ever heard of beauty sleep?" I whine. "Well, the beauty sleep wouldn't have done anything for you." Merlin snorts.

"Well, thank you Merlin I knew you would say that I was beautiful even though you're right. I don't need sleep the look handsome." I say,trying to not laugh.

"No, Arthur I meant that you're ugly and no amount of sleep will help that monstrosity." Merlin laughs as I push him on the bed and hesitate. Why do I want to rip off his clothes and devour him? No, Merlin is my manservant! Why am I feeling this? Merlin is a guy, guys aren't supposed to feel this and yet what is this feeling that I have towards Merlin? What if he is disgusted with the feelings that I have for him? No, I don't thing my heart can stand it if Merlin found out and hates me.

Merlin's POV

I'm on Arthur's bed and I feel heat creeping up my neck. The thoughts flood my mind as Arthur is looking down upon me. I wish I could kiss him now, but he, I mean maybe he would come to love me, but he is mourning Gwen! What are you thinking Merlin! Making a pass at Arthur. Yet, the lust that is in his eyes is almost unbearable. Maybe one kiss? No, he is confused, that would only make it worse.

Normal POV

Merlin moves to get up, then Arthur comes back to reality to blush fiercely and scramble up to his feet, looking down as Merlin leaves his room. Still trying to figure out what his feelings towards Merlin are truly.

Morgana's POV

"Mistress, you have returned is the legend said you would. Anything you need mistress, let me know." A shy girl, almost 18, says with fear and love for me. Good. I'm not looking to be loved in this life time. Just feared, for it's better to be feared than loved. "What news do you bring me? Speak wisely, for if you insult me, this will be the last time your lips will ever move." I say, the coldness ringing through my voice. "Mordred is here my queen. You told us to tell you when he comes." The girl says as she pulls her hood over her face. "Tell him to come in. We have much to discuss." Mordred walks into the room and smiles. It's a beautiful smile, one that wishes for revenge on the one that deserves to never walk on this earth again.

"Morgana, how have you been adapting to the new world? I hope that you were taken care of?" Mordred's voice was sweet, gentle, and deadly. As if he was longing to go ahead and speak of Arthur and Emrys. "Wait, my good Mordred, you will get what you desire soon enough. I see that your cage has left you inpatient for what will always come to be." I coaxed Mordred to sit and eat but before I was done, he was up and pacing frantically around the room. "Mordred, please. Sit down and we will deal with this after you eat, you just got out approximately a week ago? You need to eat." I wish he would sit down, he's even making me nervous around him, and the servants are all but crying in a ball in the corner of the room. Only the one that told me of Mordred being here was not quivering with the others. I will speak with her after Mordred goes to his room.

"Morgana, were you listening to my report? I said I found Emrys. He is going by a different name in this world, but, I found him and no, I don't know the name that he is going by now." Mordred says holding his hands up as I scream out in frustration. "Find his name. When we find him, we will surely find my sweet, brother." Hatred flows through my words like acid.
Astrina's POV

When are they going to do something about Mordred and Morgana? Merlin comes in and has his head lowered. "Merlin, are you okay?" I worry about him, Arthur doesn't know about Merlin, and about me. He raised me when my real parents left, he's like a father to me and a can't stand to see him sad. I go over to him and hug him and smile, trying to cheer him up. Arthur walks into the living room and sees Merlin. "I'm fine Astrina, go and study your spells. It will make you and the Dragon stronger." Merlin says with no emotion in his voice. "Merlin, we have to tell Arthur. You know i'm right." I stated.

"What do you need to tell Arthur?" Arthur asks as he walks into the conversation. "Well, now is as good a time as ever." I say. Arthur looks at us confused. "Astrina, she is a descendant Morgana. She-"

"What? And you have her here? I knew you were an idiot, but really? Can you be that stupid!" Arthur yells at Merlin and starts to look at me with anger in his eyes.

"Please, I'm not like her. I was raised by Merlin, I'm learning about my ancestor and how she was full of hate." I look down at the floor. "Then tell me you hate Morgana. Say this and I may be able to look past the fact that you are Morgana's descendant." Arthur demands. "I'm sorry, but I don't hate her. I feel sorry for her, so full of hate, and fear." I say with tears in my eyes. A sword comes into my face then-

"Astrina! No!" Merlin steps in front of me with a painful look in his eyes.