chapter twenty four

Gwen's POV
I have to make sure that they are safe. I have to lead Morgana away from them. She expects me to tell her everything I know. I have to keep on writing the letters to her. I just don't know what happened to the sweet and caring girl that I served and was my friend. I hope that they are both okay. Merlin will protect Arthur. He cares for him too much to let Arthur die, or do something reckless. Now, what do I do about Astrina and Gwaine? I guess I'll have to find a way of making them stay here.
"You are Gwen Pendragon? Arthur's wife? You must be a heartfelt woman. Do you believe that magic is evil? I must know." A sliver Dragon says to me. She is so beautiful, and graceful. Her voice is angelic and it soothes my scattering nerves. "What is your name? And I don't believe that it is evil, it is a tool that many have unfortunately used to cause harm to others. It is not evil; nor is it good. Magic is just a weapon used to be either." I say, putting my heart into what I say. I remember Merlin saving Arthur on the battlefield, the way that he used it to save and protect him.
"You speak the truth, have you ever witnessed magic in use?" The Dragon replies. "Yes. In both ways. For good, and for evil. I have experienced the evil side of what magic can do. Morgana chained me up, and put a root with some from of tar like substance in the room, there where many hanging from the ceiling, and I was hallucinating many terrible things. My friends, trying to kill me. But, I have seen Merlin in the final battle, he protected Arthur from as many as he could. I'm for ever grateful for Merlin's magic. It was powerful, and beautiful at the same time. He helped us win the war against Morgana, and I believe that he will do so again. I have faith in him." I stand up my voice getting stronger and more confident as I speak of Merlin and his power.
"My name is Reliania. I am a sliver Dragon. My name means freedom, but my soul stands for faith. You carry faith with you. It is strong in your soul as well. You are one of us, Geneviere." Reliania walks away with those words hanging high in the air.

"Where is Merlin and Arthur?" Gwaine says coming back from his walk and from trying to find him his own place.
"They left on a trip. They told me to tell you to stay here. Kings orders, and now queens. You will stay and hold true to Arthur's order." I say, with a commanding voice.
"Fine, of course, I will stay here and guard you and the other girl, even though you both have a big Dragon that could do a better job than I. But, the king and queen bids me to stay." Gwaine rants in a dramatic way as he walks around the room.
"Stop being so melodramatic, and stay put." I wave off Gwaine's rant and marching. I have to go and write to Morgana. Tell her of everything that is happening. Or so she will think.

Arthur's POV
"Raise and shine you two. We have to get moving to where ever Merlin is planning to go." I shake Lancelot awake and gently move my foot against Merlin's side.
"Uhh. What, oh. Yeah. I'll get everything ready. In a sec breakfast will be made." Merlin said getting up and looking at the two, "So, what do you both want? Anything you two wish to have?"
Looking about and completely dumbfounded, "What do you mean Merlin? Don't you have the kitchen supplies with you?"
"I was going to make food, now what do you both want?"
"The food that was normally made on our trips. Just like old times." I say, remembering Merlin's cooking and how he made the most simplest thing taste amazing.
"Coming right up. Lancelot, what do you want?" Merlin asks with a happy cheer that didn't reach his eyes.
"I'll have what Arthur is having. It brings back memories of us all together, and all the trouble we got into." Lancelot grins as he looks at Merlin and he returns with a smile of his own. After we ate and joked a bit, we were now off to go where ever Merlin was taking us.