Chapter 38

Chapter 38

~Zion~

       I couldn't wait until winter break so I didn't have to wake up early to go to school. All I wanted to do was sleep in, maybe work on a few songs with Dane. Instead, I was stuck going to all these boring classes and having to sit through them all.

       At least winter break was soon. I also couldn't wait until summer vacation where I got two and a half months off, but that was a while away. So, I had to settle on thinking about winter break instead.

       I tried finding Dane when lunch started so we could walk to the cafeteria together, but he wasn't in his second period class like he normally was. He wasn't at his locker, so I just headed to the cafeteria without him, feeling extremely lonely. Okay, not exactly lonely since my friends were there too but still. I missed Dane. 

       Thankfully, it didn't take him long to sit down beside me at the table. "Oh, there you are," I said. "I was starting to think that you got hit by a car or something."

       Dane furrowed his eyebrows. "Hit by a car? Inside the school?"

       "I don't know, that's what I thought. This is what happens when we don't walk to the cafeteria together."

       "Geez, you're so dramatic," Divya said. 

       "What about it?" I asked.

       "So you don't deny it?" 

       "Why would I? It's the truth."

       "At least you're admitting it now," Miguel said. "I remember when you used to cry whenever we used to call you dramatic."

       "Now that is not the truth," I said. "I would never cry over something like that. No way. Not at all." To move the conversation away from me because I totally haven't cried at being called dramatic, I looked at Dane. "So if you weren't hit by a car, where were you?"

       "The student council president wanted to talk to me," Dane said. "She wants to know if you would like to perform during the school dance that's coming up. Not the whole time, of course. You know how they like having live music playing a few songs during the dance so it's not just music playing through a speaker the whole time."

       "Ooh, sounds like fun," I said. "I would love to. Quick question, though. Why did the student council president ask you and not me? It's not like I'm unapproachable. Am I unapproachable? Do I seem that way?"

       Dane laughed. "No, that's not why she asked me instead. She was trying to be professional and thought that I was your agent or something. I mean, she's not far off since I'm the one that books all your gigs and manages your schedule."

       "Ooh, no wonder you're so hot," I said.

       Dane furrowed his eyebrows. "What does that have to do with anything? Never mind, that's just the way your brain works."

       "I think we would all like to understand how Zion's brain works," Marjani said. "But, alas, that will never happen. It's just head empty, no thoughts, just Dane."

       "I feel like you're trying to insult me, but that doesn't even sound like an insult," I said. "You're right. And who could blame me? Just look at him. Actually, don't look at him. He's my boyfriend."

       "No one's going to steal him from you," Miguel said. "Relax."

       Good. They better not. I would cry if someone tried to steal Dane away from me. I probably wouldn't leave my room either. I would just stay in bed all day and cry my sorrows away. If I could even cry my sorrows away.

       Since I agreed to performing at the upcoming school dance, Dane and I left the cafeteria a few minutes before lunch ended to find the student council president to let her know I wanted to perform. Since our school was considered to be a fancy pants school, as I liked to call it, I was going to get paid for performing at the school dance.

       Lunch soon ended, meaning Dane and I had our family studies class. In other words, the class that broke my heart by making me give away my and Dane's daughter. I would never forgive my teacher for making us get attached to the baby only to take them away.

       While we were sitting at our desks, waiting for the tardy bell to ring, Dane said, "Oh, I've been meaning to tell you. My dad is finally supporting me writing songs with you and knows that I won't be doing as well if I was still writing for Carrie."

       "Really?" I asked.

       Dane nodded, a small smile on his face. "Really. There were clips of your performance at Major Vocal's concert all over the internet, so my dad watched a few. He said you were very talented and now can see why I'm writing with you now."

       I smiled as well. "That's great, Dane. What about your mom?"

       Dane sighed. "She's still not there yet. At least, I don't think she is. She hasn't really said anything about my songwriting once she found out I quit working for Carrie. My dad said he's going to try showing her how much better I'm doing. But at least one of my parents is supporting me now. Oh, and I finally told him that I'm dating you. He took it well."

       "I'm glad," I said. "I don't have to fight him now."

       "Huh?"

       "I'm kidding. Kind of." Dane glared at me so I held up my hands in defence. "No, really, I'm kidding. I wasn't actually going to fight him. I just wanted to. But I don't want to anymore."

       "You're insane."

       I smiled. "Thank you."

       "That wasn't a compliment."

       "Well, either way, you chose to date me so I think that makes you just as insane as I am." I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

       "Zion, no PDA in class," Mrs. Wizzle spoke up from where she was sitting at her desk.

       "What?" I asked. "First you take my daughter away, and now you won't let me kiss my husband? You're tearing my family apart."

       Dane sighed. "We're not married, Zion."

       "We are in family studies, and that's the class we're in right now," I said. "So, yes, we are."

       "Either way, no PDA," Mrs. Fizzle said. "Don't make me give you detention."

       "Fine, fine, no PDA," I said.

____________________

i love my dramatic characters lol

and i can't wait for zion to get extremely famous hehe. he's slowly getting there.