Chapter 15

Chapter 15

~Dane~

       "Alright, post it," Zion said, looking at Miguel's laptop. "Wait. Are we sure that my hair looked good in the video? What if my hair actually looked horrible? I would never be able to live that down."

       I sighed at Zion's ego. We didn't make a video so he could show off his hair for everyone. We made it to get one of the songs out there. But honestly, it wasn't surprising that the only thing he was concerned about right now was his hair.

       Alika must have been annoyed but her brother's comment as well, because she roughed up his blond hair, making it look very messy.

       Zion glared at Alika. "Hey! It took me a long time to get my hair perfect this morning."

       "Yeah, I know," Alika said. "I was trying to get into the bathroom for the longest time, but you wouldn't get out." She then looked at me. "Can't you spend the night again? Zion was always up and ready right away when you were staying there."

       "Because I didn't want to be a rude host and take too long," Zion said, trying to fix his hair. "But now I can be a rude brother and take a long time. Does anyone have a mirror?"

       "We have cameras on our phones, you know," Divya said. "It's the same thing as a mirror."

       "I know that," Zion said. "But the screen is too small. I need a big mirror."

       "Why did your ego suddenly get so big?" I asked. "Here, I'll fix your hair." I fluffed it up a bit, trying to get it as close to its previous style as possible. 

       "The video has been posted, by the way," Miguel said as I continued to fix Zion's hair.

       "But you didn't double check to see if my hair looked good," Zion said.

       "I'm sure it looked good in the video," I said. "Marjani made sure of that."

       "Exactly," Marjani said. "To worry about whether your hair looked good or not is basically an insult to me. So keep your ego in check."

       "Yeah, yeah," Zion said.

       "And... Done," I said, pulling my hands away from Zion's hair. "There. It's no longer messy."

       Zion smiled at me. "Thank you."

       "You're not going to look in a mirror to make sure it's okay?" Alika said.

       "Nah, I trust Dane," Zion said, and I had to try my hardest not to blush. Sure, I had always been attracted to Zion because he was an extremely handsome guy, but recently my feelings for him had moved beyond just physical attraction.

       I didn't want to make my crush on him extremely obvious, which was probably going to be hard for me to do since I could be very awkward at times.

       "So any views yet?" Zion asked.

       "I just posted the video not even a minute ago," Miguel said. "Be patient. It could take a week to even hit ten views. It all depends on the engagement. The more people that like and comment, the better."

       "So what you're saying is that I should spam some comments?" Zion asked.

       "Not on your own video," Miguel said.

       "It's not just my video, though," Zion said. "We all worked on it."

       "Dude, you're the one singing the song," Miguel said. "Of course we appreciate you giving us credit, but it technically is your video."

       "So... You guys can comment on it," Zion said.

       "Give it up, Zion," Divya said. "Just let it gain views naturally."

       "I sent it to Mom and Dad, though," Alika said, putting her phone in her pocket. "Mom said she'll send it to Ekon and Ashawn." 

       "Ashawn?" I asked.

       "My other brother," Zion said.

       "How many brothers do you have that I don't know about?"

       "It's just the two, and then one very annoying sister."

       Alika glared at Zion. "I will mess up your hair again."

       Zion put his hands on his head protectively. "No, don't do that. Dane just fixed it. Although, that would mean he gets to run his hands through my hair again." He winked in my direction. I rolled my eyes, once again trying not to blush. I didn't know if all of Zion's flirting was because he liked me or if it was just because of who he was.

       And honestly, I wouldn't even mind if it was just because of who he was. His harmless flirting always made my day.

       "So... How many views now?" Zion asked. He could be a bit impatient at times.

       "Only two," Miguel said before closing his laptop so Zion wouldn't ask anymore. Though, he probably was going to keep asking until he got to a number that satisfied him. 

       "Two?" Zion asked. "Okay, which one of my family members are slacking?" 

       He took his cell phone out of his pocket, but I placed my hand on his head to stop him from texting all of his family members. "Just be patient, Zion. It's going to take some time. Things don't just happen overnight."

       Zion sighed and put his phone back into his pocket. "Sorry. I'm just way too hyped about all of this. Making the music video was just way too fun and wanted me to experience a lot more from the music industry."

       He was right; the music video was really fun to make. It took a while for us to decide what he wanted the music video to be but once it was figured out, the six of us had a lot of fun creating what was in our minds. We rarely had any arguments as well. For the most part, we were all on the same page.

       The only arguments that did happen was between Zion and Alika, but that was more of sibling bickering.

       "You will," I said. "Eventually. You just have to work hard for it and be patient. Even though I can tell you lack the patience."

       "You know, I would normally be insulted but since it came out of your mouth, I'll accept it," Zion said.

       "Alright, you two," Divya said. "Why don't you stop all your flirting and actually eat your food before lunch is over?" 

       "But he's my husband," Zion said. "I should be allowed to flirt with him."

       "Zion, that project is fake," Divya said. "You're not actually married."

       "I wouldn't bother," I said. "I keep telling him that and he says that he only hears the married part."

       "Awe, look who's finally catching on," Zion said. "I'm so proud of you."

__________________

i can't wait until zion starts gaining fame. he's going to be such a fun celebrity. also i'm glad dane finally caught the feels. it took him long enough smh