Chapter 26

Chapter 26

~Zion~

       As soon as the bell rang to end second period, I gathered up my stuff and quickly left the classroom. Since it was now lunch, the hallways were starting to fill up fast with students wanting to get to the cafeteria before the line up got too long. 

       I wasn't going to the cafeteria yet, so I didn't have to worry about getting there before everyone else. I just had to worry about pushing my way throw the crowd to get to where I wanted to since some people liked taking up the whole hallway with their friends.

       Finally, I got to Dane's second period classroom where he was still packing up his supplies. I didn't know if I was allowed to go into the classroom because believe it or not, some teachers were strict about students not going into a classroom unless they actually had a class there.

       But I have never really followed the school rules. In fact, I was currently breaking one now by not wearing my school tie. I was just always too lazy to put on a tie in the morning.

       And since I never really followed any rules, I walked into the classroom and over to Dane's desk. "You're so slow," I said.

       Dane looked over at me, continuing to put his supplies back in his backpack. "How did you get here so fast?" he asked.

       "I left as soon as the bell rang," I said. "And I am not slow, like you. Why are you taking so long to pack up?"

       "The teacher ended up going over the bell for a bit," Dane said. "Why were in such a hurry to get here? We normally meet up in the cafeteria, or the music room if we have something planned."

       "I know, but..." I took my cell phone out of my pocket, unlocking it and opening the email I read in class. "I wanted to show you this."

       Dane took the cell phone from me and read what was on the screen. It took him a while to read it, probably because he was making sure he read it correctly. When he finished reading it, he looked at me with a smile. "Zion! That's great!" He pulled me into a tight hug. "I knew they were going to accept you!"

       I hugged him back tightly. "Thank you, but I haven't gotten accepted quite yet. They said they want to meet with me and you first."

       Dane pulled away so he could look at me. "You and me? Why me?"

       "Didn't you read the email?" I asked.

       "I only read up to the part where they said they are interested in signing you," Dane admitted. "I got way too excited to read the rest."

       "Well, since you are my songwriter, they said they would like to meet with the both of us," I said. "While I'm technically the one getting signed, we're a partnership. If I get signed, you're still going to work with me so they'll need to meet you too."

       "When is this meeting?" Dane asked.

       "Friday, at three," I said. "So I'm going to have to try my hardest not to get a detention that day."

       "And that means that you should definitely wear a tie that day."

       I sighed. "Friday is going to be extremely hard, then."

       "You'll survive," Dane said. He finished packing up his supplies so he slung his backpack over his shoulder.

       "Oh, one more thing," I said. "The record label owners wants another song. They said it could be a brand new song or one that was written but wasn't on the demo."