Chapter 10

Chapter 10

~Zion~

       "An arcade?" Dane asked as I pulled into the parking lot of one of my favourite places in town. And for some reason, Dane didn't sound too impressed about the arcade being the first place we were going today on our mission to find something he enjoyed.

       "You look bummed," I said. "Come on, arcades are a great way to have fun. There are so many different games you could play, and a lot of really cool prizes."

       "Arcades are loud."

       "So are concerts."

       "Concerts are a good loud. It's music playing. Arcades is just on overlay of people's voices and games."

       "Concerts are also an overlay of people screaming and cheering."

       "But mostly music."

       "Can you still give the arcade a chance?" I asked. "I promise you'll have fun. Even the slightest bit of fun."

       Dane sighed. "I hope so. I hate being in a creative slump."

       Dane and I got out of the car and headed to the arcade. Because it was the weekend, it was quite crowded. I would have hoped to go during a time where there weren't too many people, but that would have only been during school hours. I would have been completely fine with skipping, but I doubt Dane would be willing to skip just to go to an arcade.

       My parents also wouldn't be too happy with it and if I wanted them to let me go out pretty much every Friday night to go to the Hummingbird, I shouldn't do anything that would end up with me getting grounded.

       So that might mean that I really shouldn't start another flood at the movie theatre... 

       Since it was my idea to try to find something that Dane would enjoy, I was the one who payed for the tokens for the arcade. That, and Dane still seemed a bit iffy about enjoying the arcade, so I didn't want him to spend money on something he might not even like.

       "Okay, you get to pick the first thing to do," I said.

       "Is leaving an option?" Dane asked.

       "Come on, just give it a chance," I said. "At least until we run out of tokens."

       "Fine," Dane said before looking around the arcade, trying to figure out what he wanted to do first. "How about...?" He still continued to look around, but nothing seemed to interest him. "I can't find anything."

       "There's another floor," I said. "I always find the more interesting games up there."

       I led Dane up the stairs where the more interesting games were. Even I didn't spend much time downstairs whenever I went to the arcade, and I was a very easy person to please.

       Once we got to the second floor, it didn't take Dane too long to find a game he wanted to try. It was actually a shooting game, and two people could join so it was something we could do together.

       Dane and I put tokens into the machine to start the game. "Don't get mad it I beat you," I said, holding the gun in my hand.

       "Isn't this game about working together if more than one person is playing?" Dane asked. "We're not shooting each other or anything."

       "I know," I said. "I meant that I'm going to get a higher score than you."

       "It's not a competition..."