Chapter 34

Chapter 34

~Zion~

       I stared at the text I had just received, wondering if Carrie was behind it. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprise if she was. She always seemed so adamant to ruin my rising career, despite there being more than enough room for the two of us in the music industry. Not everything had to be a competition.

       I mean, I guessed she was still mad that Dane was my songwriter now, but that was her fault. She should have appreciated him for his talents instead of using him to get fame.

       I sighed and dropped my phone on my bed before resting my head on my homework. I started it probably about two hours but I barely got any work done because I was too distracted. My mind was constantly thinking about Major Vocal's concert tomorrow, the one I was going to be opening.

       It didn't help that the text message I got completely ruined everything.

       Dane suddenly poked my side. "You should finish your homework, you know."

       "No. I'm never going to finish it and I'm never going to leave my room ever again."

       "Alright, why are you being dramatic this time?" Dane asked. "Is it because we have four pages to do?"

       I lifted my head to look at my boyfriend. "Four? I thought we only had this one page? You're telling me we actually have four pages to do? That's it. I quit. Everything about my life sucks and this is a sign."

       "A sign?"

       "Yes, a sign. A sign that my life is ruined and I should just lock myself in this room."

       "So... If it's not the homework that's making you be dramatic, what is it?" Dane asked.

       "It's the lead guitarist we hired for tomorrow," I said, sitting up on the bed. "He quit. Said he had a better offer."

       "Seriously?" Dane asked. "What kind of person does that the day before the concert?"

       I shrugged. "Is it bad that part of me thinks Carrie has something to do with it?"

       "Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she is behind it," Dane said. "After all, she seemed pretty determined to make your career hard because I wouldn't write a song for her. Despite, you know, quitting on her."

       "I don't know what I'm going to do about this now," I said, resting against the headboard. "It's already late at night, and we have to leave to get to the venue right after school. There's no way we can find another lead guitarist by then. I guess I can use a backing track, but then that would mean the other musicians can't perform."

       "There's no need to use a backing track," Dane said. "I'll be the lead guitarist."

       I looked at Dane, blinking a few times and trying to see if he was being serious. "Wait... What?"

       "I said I'll be the lead guitarist," Dane said.

       "You... You can play the guitar?"

       Dane laughed. "I can play quite a few instruments, Zion. I thought you knew that."

       "But... Didn't you also say that you're not really a performer?" I asked.

       "Well, yeah, but it's not like I'll be in the spotlight," Dane said. "I'm just going to be playing the lead guitar while you perform. And I don't have stage fright or anything, so you don't have to worry about that. I just personally prefer to stick to songwriting."

       "So you really will play the guitar for me?" I asked. Dane nodded, so I smiled and pulled him into a hug. "You are the best boyfriend ever. And that's saying something because I'm pretty amazing."

       Dane chuckled. "Alright, you can turn down your ego. And you should also get back to doing your homework."

       I pulled away from Dane as I huffed. "I take it back. You know I don't like doing my homework and you have the audacity to tell me to do it? Can't I just copy off of you or something?"

       "Nope," Dane said. "Besides, I already put my homework away. I'm too lazy to take it out of my bag to let you copy off of it."

       "Wait, you're already done your homework?" I asked. "How?"

       "Uh, because we started two hours ago?" Dane said, as if it was obvious.

       "Yeah, but there's four pages."

       "It doesn't take two hours to finish four pages."

       I still didn't want to do my homework so I pushed it off my bed before moving closer to Dane. "You know what would give me the motivation to do my homework?"

       I leaned towards Dane, but he placed his finger on top of my lips to stop me. "Yeah, considering you pushed your homework off the bed, I doubt kissing me is going to give you the motivation you need."

       "I only pushed it off of the bed to make room for the two of us to kiss."

       Dane knew I was lying, so he just kissed my cheek before moving away from me. "Sure."

       I sighed, lying down. "I don't feel like doing my homework. Can I just... not do it and say I forgot it at home? That will give me the whole weekend to finish it."

       "It's best to do it now," Dane said. "It really doesn't take long."

       "But you thought I was being dramatic because of the amount of pages."

       "Because you hate homework. You always say you feel like crying when we have just one page of homework. Having four would surely be enough to make you act all dramatic. Come on, just give it a shot before it gets too late."

       I groaned, reaching off of the bed and grabbing my homework. "Fine, but if my brain explodes, just know that it's all your fault."

       "And you're back to being dramatic, I see."

       "I'm always dramatic. It's why you like me so much."

       "That's questionable."

       I stuck my tongue out at Dane before finally getting started on my homework. Dane was right; it really wasn't taking all that long. I was just a dramatic piece of shit who didn't want to do my homework.

       At least once it was done, all I had to focus on was the Major Vocal concert tomorrow.

________________________

every time i typed dane, my brain wanted to type dabi because i'm rewatching my hero academia and it's dabi brain rot hours for me. i stan one (1) man.

i'm only on season one and dabi isn't even here yet. the influence he has on me lol.

anyway i agree with zion. homework SUCKS.