Chapter 28

Before I get into this chapter, I just wanted to share the video attached. 100% of the ad revenue will be donated to bail funds, help pay for family funerals, and advocacy listed at the beginning of the video. Simply watching this video is something that can help donate towards the BLM movement!

Chapter 28

~Zion~

       The front door suddenly opened, but I was too lazy to look over to see who it was. I was also too busy being sprawled across the coach, tossing popcorn up in the air and trying to catch it in my mouth. There was a huge mess in the living room because I was constantly missing, but I was too lazy to clean it up right now.

       Of course, I was going to clean up the mess eventually; I just didn't want to do it while I was still trying to eat the popcorn.

       "You are such a messy person," I heard Ashawn say.

       I looked over to see Ashawn standing in the living room. "What are you doing here?" I asked before going back to tossing popcorn in the air and trying to catch it. My most recent toss wasn't a success; the popcorn hit my nose before rolling off my cheek and onto the floor.

       "Wow, you don't even seem the slightest bit excited to see me," Ashawn said.

       "Meh, I've seen you recently."

       "Recently? The last time you saw me was on Thanksgiving. That was over a month ago."

       "I still talk to you on the phone. And it's your fault you don't come down here often. Why are you down here? You normally just come here for long weekends."

       "Uh, because yesterday you told me that you were officially signed to a record label. I wanted to congratulate you in person. Now come give me a hug."

       I got off the coach, brushing all the popcorn off of me before walking over to my oldest brother and giving him a hug. "Thank you. You didn't have to congratulate me in person. You did it enough on the phone yesterday."

       "I know," Ashawn said. "I still wanted to, though. And like you said, I don't come down here often even though my university is just a half hour drive away. So, I was about to go to the corner store to get a few snacks for my dorm room. It's a lot cheaper than the store at the university. Want to come? I'll buy you something."

       "Ooh, yes, please," I said.

       "Clean up the mess first."

       I suddenly didn't feel like going anymore.

       Well, I was already standing up so I might as well clean up my mess before heading out with Ashawn.

       It actually didn't take too long because Ashawn decided to help me clean up. Once all the popcorn was clean up, which included some vacuuming since I made quite the mess, Ashawn and I left the house to head to a nearby corner store.

       As we were walking there, Ashawn said, "So I hear you're finally dating Dane."

       I couldn't help but smile at the mention of my boyfriend. I had liked Dane for such a long time, and now I was actually dating him. I didn't think I could be any happier than I was right now.

       "Yeah, I am," I said.

       "Took you long enough," Ashawn said. "But I'm happy for you. I've only met Dane at Thanksgiving, but he seems like a great guy."

       "He is," I said. "He's the most amazing person I've ever met. I mean, he's the reason I'm actually getting somewhere with a music career. I definitely wouldn't have gotten signed if it wasn't for him."