Sisters

"We have to send you back." Your sister says, locking the bathroom door behind you and her.

She met your confused gaze and tilted head with a severe icy stare that was somehow menacing and filled with caution at the same time.

"Mallory! I can fight! Let me!" You say, grumpily, folding you arms ignorantly.

"I know you can. It's just that you aren't a witch and aren't going to help much in this situation." She paused and lowered her shoulders, her voice beginning to break, "I.. I want you safe y/n!"

Annoyingly, being a witch ran in the family. Mallory was your parents 'greatest gift' since she had been given the ability to alter the flow of time. She had cured their wrinkles and healed their broken bones, this somehow made her an angel and so much better than you.

You however, had nothing. You were just a boring old girl who had got stuck at the academy because your mum and dad found it embarrassing being around their 'ordinary' daughter. If anything, you were a castaway. You meant nothing to them.

All these thoughts flashed through your head as Mallory pushed you into the bathtub.

Not to mention that a rumoured 'Antichrist' was actually living and walking among us right now. That fact was absolutely terrifying.

Mallory's eyes were brimming with tears as she leant over the side of the bathtub and stared at you in your now soaking clothes, you could tell she was fighting to keep her voice steady.

"Y/n, I've decided we should send you back to 1984, I know you love the 80s." She smiled, letting a tear run down her cheek and splash into the icy water of the bath.

You watched as the otherwise still bath water rippled lightly towards you before turning your attention back to Mallory.

In all of the jealousy you had towards Mallory, she had always been nice and kind to you, everything that a sister was supposed to be. She even remembered that your favourite time period was the 80s and that was something you rarely talked about.

You loved her and if it was going to make anything better for her, it'd probably be helpful if you went back. You were only a burden to her these days.

You nodded at Mallory, unable to form a sentence but she knew what you meant. It was almost as if she could read your mind.

Mallory started properly crying as you voluntarily submerged yourself in the water.

It gave you horrendous brain freeze but you couldn't let that bother you.

"Tempus Infinitum.. Tempus Infinitum.." You could hear Mallory's shaky voice utter the incantation that would remove you from the present.

All you had to do is think hard about the eighties.

The clothes.

The music.

The people.

The trends.

The slang.

The parties.

The films.

Everything

And then before you knew it, you found yourself drifting deeper and deeper into the numbing water until you didn't know which way was upwards..

You can remember your last thoughts being 'I hope Mallory doesn't die' before you completely blacked out.