Mallory Potion

It seemed that Myrtle had selected the most odd of ingredients.

You couldn't make out half of them.

Whilst you were trying to figure out what they were, you were interrupted by Cordelia and Myrtle talking.

"Did you get the hair from the academy?" Cordelia asks.

Oh that must've been what Myrtle was doing.

Cordelia must be too heartbroken to go back to the academy, I bet she thinks she failed the girls. You think before regretting it.

You forgot Cordelia could read thoughts.

You watch her visibly flinch before she turned back to Myrtle who was handing her a glass vial with a single hair inside it.

"Do you like store everyone's hair in a tiny cabinet or something back at the academy?" You joke, smirking.

Cordelia and Myrtle just stared at you blankly.

"Yes dear." Myrtle says seriously.

You think it's kind of odd but just shake it off.

Then you suddenly realise, "Oh it's for protection spells isn't it."

"Yeah, I was just explaining that, I thought you didn't listen," Myrtle says.

"Only to the interesting bits." You flash her a grin and she goes back to making a potion.

"So it's like chemistry huh." You say as she adds the ingredients to the Mallory Potion.

You and Cordelia both watch as she works her magic on the potion until it turns a murky greyish brown.

"Okay," Myrtle says, wiping her hands on her skirt, "This potion works best if you add something significant to Mallory."

Myrtle and Cordelia stare at you, expecting you to come up with something out of the blue.

Your mind raced as you thought of something significant to give her.

You couldn't give her back her old jacket because you left it in 1984.

You didn't have any ice cream here either.

"Oh erm, I have an idea." You say, taking off your necklace and placing it on the table.

It was made from silver and had a see through locket hanging from its chain.

Inside the locket, a strange dark liquid swirled.

"Mallory gave me this for my 13th birthday, apparently it's filled with our happy memories even though it doesn't exactly look it."

"That's perfect y/n!" Cordelia says, "You don't mind giving it away though?"

"I'd rather have real Mallory than just happy memories." You say solemnly.

"But there is a chance that this won't work." Myrtle admits.

You stare at the potion cooking as you speak, "It will."

"Alright," Myrtle says, "Drop it in."

You picked up your necklace and held it over the murky potion.

You squeezed it, knowing it was your last time with it before you let go, allowing it to fall into the now complete Mallory Potion.

Suddenly the potion changed colour to match the purple memories.

"I think it's done now." Myrtle says, her voice wavering ever so slightly. "Drink up."

You pick up the potion and hold it to your lips momentarily before chugging the whole thing.

"Done-" You say as your legs began to feel weak.

"Wait y/n." Cordelia says.

You thought you'd have a couple of minutes before the potion was in effect but it seemed you were falling asleep already.

"It's okay, I'll just sleep here if that's okay with you-" You lurch as your legs give way under you and you fall to the floor in a crumpled heap.

The only thing coming to your head was Mallory.