Library

You recoil in horror as Myrtle and Cordelia slowly back away from the plate, revealing one of the most horrifying things you'd ever seen.

A grotesque blob of flesh was growing on the plate and it had just begun to sprout an eye.

You felt nauseous as it's bulbous features distorted and wobbled.

"Okay, put in in the furnace." Cordelia says, instructing Myrtle as she lifts the plate and places it in a metal oven looking box.

She slams the door and wipes her hands.

"Don't tell me." You say, resisting the urge to puke at the thought of what it was

"Yes, it is your sister." Myrtle says.

The room goes silent and you meet eyes with Cordelia before Myrtle starts speaking again.

"But don't worry, it's all part of the process, in fifteen minutes she'll emerge from the furnace fully developed." She adds.

"Is there anything we can do whilst we wait?" You ask.

Cordelia grins mischievously, showing a side to her that you'd never seen before.

"Do you want to do some astral projection?" The supreme asks.

Myrtle tuts quietly as if agitated but still manages a smile.

"What? Like, me?" You say, slightly shocked, "Is that safe considering my lack of magi-"

"100%, I just knock you out of your body." Cordelia says, "Simple."

You nod, grinning.

"Alright, stand still." Cordelia says, taking a deep breath.

She closes her eyes and suddenly shoots her left arm out.

The air ripples slightly before hitting you with serious impact and knocking you out of your body.

You admire your hands and body in the ghost-like state you were in.

Well, movie ghost.

The others couldn't see you in this state but you waved anyway before zooming up through the roof and out of the house.

You knew a lot about magic.

The only reason why was because your sister had been off doing all these fancy classes in the academy that you couldn't so you started exploring.

Soon enough, you found the library and that was where you spent most of your time.

That was when you first made friends with Cordelia.

You thought she was just another witch and struck up a random conversation about the book you reading, unbeknownst she was the supreme.

When you told Mallory that night she almost threw up when she realised who you were friends with.

Mallory actually didn't mind you staying in the library, in fact, she was happy you weren't feeling too left out.

Thoughts like these flittered through your mind as you soared around the skyline, passing through clouds.

Suddenly, you heard a high frequency ting which meant you had to begin your decent.

The timer had gone off.

Mallory was.. well.. she was cooked and ready.