Journey

At 7:30, Brooke shook you from your dreams and back into the real world.

Surprisingly, a joyous smile lit up your face instead of the usual grumpy and gloomy look that usually appeared after you wake up.

"So," You say energetically, "Are we going now?"

Brooke was still sitting beside you, the others were standing at the end of the end of the bed; they all nodded.

The others made multiple 'serial killer is going to come and get you' jokes as you walked to Xavier's van.

You didn't mind them that much since you knew that the night stalker wasn't going to bother following you 166 miles away from Los Angeles.

Brooke, on the other hand, was terrified.

When the group was climbing into the van, Montana said, "Better check under the car for killers!"

The others (including you) were completely unfazed by it but it caused Brooke to death stare Montana until the car started moving.

You nodded your head casually to the song that was playing on the radio.

"So you like this stuff, huh?" Montana says, pointing to the radio.

"It's alright." You shrug.

You were resisting the urge to say 'Anything made in the 80s is good' but Montana would probably think you were a psychopath, especially if you started singing a song that hadn't been released yet.

"Nah, this is a great song." Chet adds, he was eating a granola bar.

"You can quit eating healthy man," Ray says, "You aren't going to the olympics anymore, remember?"

"Yeah, better watch out for the random drug tests." Xavier teases.

Chet clenched his fists

You were pretty sure a fight would've broken out if Montana hadn't started talking.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Chill out guys! Athletes are weirdos anyways, you aren't missing much."

All you did was nod, it seemed that everyone respected Montana and what she said.

"Don't you want to be a professional at aerobics?" You add, mostly just making small talk.

Montana nodded enthusiastically.

"So all athletes aren't weirdos." Chet persists.

"Hell," Montana scoffs, snatching Chet's granola bar from him and throwing it out the window, "I am definitely a weirdo."

"Hey!" Chet yelled frustratedly at Montana.

Xavier just scoffed before realising something and asking, "Wait, where are the drugs at?"

"I've got some weed in my bag." Montana says plainly.

"Pass it then." Xavier asks.

Ray rolled his eyes.

"Lemme have a bit first." Montana says, focusing on lighting the fag.

Once it was lit, Montana took three puffs before offering it to you.

You took it reluctantly, it didn't taste as amazing as they portray it in movies but it wasn't bad.

Montana offered it to Chet teasingly, he glared at her.

Xavier was getting impatient so he let go of the wheel, flipped himself around and snatched the weed from Montana's hands.

He took several breaths of it, relishing every last molecule.

You were pretty sure he would've inhaled it all if Brooke hadn't yelled..

"LOOK OUT!"

There was a man on the road.