New Sister

You slipped back into your body and reconnected with reality as you heard the furnace hiss.

You casually pull yourself up and compose yourself and stride towards the older witches.

You did your best to seem professional, you definitely weren't just flying around pretending to be a superhero.

"Just in time." Cordelia says, walking towards the machine Mallory was inside.

Her finger hovered above the big red button for a few seconds before pushing it and the furnace's hissing stops.

The door suddenly swings open and you find yourself holding your best.

A white gas slowly leaked from the open furnace.

Whether you'd like to admit it or not, you were scared.

You really didn't want this to go wrong.

Suddenly, a figure emerges from the steam.

You are relieved to see a familiar face, eyes and smile as you see your sister technically for the first time in 34 years.

You hand her a towel since the machine didn't exactly create clothes.

Once she'd sorted herself, she ran towards you and pulled you into a hug.

You hold it for a couple of seconds before you let go.

"How are you feeling? I've missed you! Do you remember everything?" You ask, only getting out a fraction of the questions you wanted to ask her and the things you wanted to tell her.

You watch her jaw open to speak but nothing came out, what was more worrying was that she was missing a lot of her teeth.

You look to Myrtle worriedly who quickly forms a sentence.

"Oh yes, the voice box does take a little more time to fully work, as do your teeth." She reassures your new sister.

"Are you feeling alright then?" You ask Mallory.

She nods.

"Can you.. you know.. do magic?" You ask yet another question.

Before Mallory can do anything, Myrtle speaks again, "That's one of the other things that won't appear for at least a week, depends how strong magically she is."

"I think we'll see results in a day then." Cordelia says smiling at Mallory.

Mallory grinned almost maliciously before telekinetically knocking a couple of bottles over.

"Holy shit." You say, "Already? That's impressive!"

You and your sister share a smile.

Cordelia clicks her fingers quickly and some black robes appear out of thin air.

She hands them to Mallory who quickly puts them on.

"T-Th-aaaa-n..k..ssss" Mallory rasps as she dresses.

"Don't try to hard dear, we don't want you straining yourself" Myrtle says.

"Alright," Cordelia says, "Let's go see the other witches,"

"Yeah, then will you tell us your story Mallory?" You ask, glancing at her as she nods.

You couldn't help but wonder what Mallory saw when she disintegrated, did she even remember that part?

Was this even your sister?

I guess you wouldn't be able to tell until she starts talking properly.

Thoughts cloud your mind as the four of you ascend the ladder that only three of you originally climbed down and prepare to see the others.