By The Lake

The crazy thing was, it wasn't just Brooke.

Brooke stood about five or so metres away from a man with a knife.

"That's the night stalker!" You whisper to Xavier as the two of you hid behind a tree.

"I know!" He says, fear flashing through his eyes.

Your eyes averted from Xavier's face and towards Brooke and Richard Ramirez.

You had two serial killers to deal with now, as if one wasn't enough.

"L-Leave me alone." Brooke stutters, stepping back repeatedly.

You couldn't help but feel sorry for the girl, even if she was a bit of a wimp, she surely had been facing the worst.

"You don't understand." The Night Stalker began to speak in a slow yet powerful and menacing way, "Satan led me here for a reason."

Xavier glanced at you with raised eyebrows.

You knew what he was thinking because you were thinking the same thing:

What the fuck? He's a bloody satanist!?

I mean, it did kind of add to his serial killer vibe, making him more terrifying.

"Crap." You whisper under your breath.

"P-Please don't hurt me!" Brooke mumbles, causing you to worry about her all over again.

You were truly resisting the urge to run out there and save her.

The only reason you weren't doing it was because it'd get you into a worse situation than you were already in.

Even though you hated to admit it, Brooke dead was better than you and Brooke dead.

Brooke kept slowly walking back until she was on the edge of the jetty.

The moonlight flicked across the water and reflected on the silvery knife in Richard Ramirez's hands.

"So," The night stalker says casually, slightly dropping the intimidating tone, "How would you like to die, Brooke?"

Brooke let out a whimper.

"Y/n." Xavier says quietly, "Can we go. I- I don't want to watch this."

You felt bad for how he tried his hardest to keep his voice steady.

You also felt bad for how you were abandoning Brooke but you push any thoughts of her or the corpse she was soon about to be.

You just nod and proceed to follow Xavier from behind the oak tree you were hiding behind.

For a moment, time seemed to slow down.

You heard the lake water gently lapping at the shore.

You heard the wind rushing through the forest leaves, making them shake ever so slightly.

You heard the birds tweeting in the twilight.

Sadly, you also heard Xavier step on a fallen branch.

Suddenly, the wood went silent, the only noise was the cracking of the wood that ripped across the air like a gun firing.

Xavier froze.

You froze too, that was, if you weren't already frozen.

Slowly, you looked to the night stalker who must've heard the noise.

To your surprise, he wasn't there.

Brooke was, she was in a huddle on the floor, surrounded by tears.

You were just about to rush to Brooke and help her, assuming that the night stalker had ran off in fear or something.

Even though deep inside you knew it was unlikely.

"Brooke are you ok-"

You were about to take a step forward when you felt something cold against your neck.

The cold thing gently pressed onto your neck, releasing red hot pain that sent tingles around your body.

"Look who we have here."

A smooth yet terrifying voice snarled from behind you.

It was Richard Ramirez.

Ooo, getting exciting now. I can't wait til I get to bring the surprise in to the story, trust me it's gonna be a plot changer.