Counsellor of 1970

There was a deafening thunk as what seemed like a hiker's body hit the front of the car.

Xaviers eyes widened in horror as he slammed the breaks but was too late.

Everyone seemed frozen, except you.

You got up and shoved Chet to the side as you pushed open the van's back door to check if the man was alright.

Everyone quickly followed after you, Brooke was right behind you the whole time.

As the man came into view, you could see the slow rise and fall of his chest.

"He's alive!" You yell, relieved that one of your new friends hadn't become a killer.

You heard several sighs of relief from behind you as you rushed to the floor to get a look at how hurt the person was.

Xavier was right behind you, probably hoping that the man you'd hit wasn't hurt badly.

After a quick examination, you gathered that you hadn't hurt him at all, besides a couple of scratches.

In fact, the only blood on him had already dried.

Xavier made a big deal of pointing that out.

"Ha!" He says too happily, "The blood is dried, we didn't hurt him."

Montana glared at Xavier for being so self centred.

"Can you speak?" Brooke asks the man lying on the floor.

He seemed to be unconscious so it was a dumb thing to ask but after a few seconds, you noticed the man open his eyes and attempt to move his mouth.

The force of the car must've shocked and winded him.

"It's okay." Brooke reassures him, slightly tilting his head up so that he could breathe properly.

You were sure that the man would've thanked her if he could speak.

"What's your name?" You ask, it was pointless but it was a start.

The man moved his mouth but no words came out.

"Look, his name tag!" Montana points, feeling proud of herself for being a d e t e c t i v e.

"It says..." Brooke begins, lifting his tag to get a better look, "Jonas Shevoore, Camp Redwood Counsellor of 1970."

"Well, he's aged pretty well." Montana admits.

Suddenly, everyone was shocked by the man suddenly sitting up straight as if a burst of energy had hit him.

"Redwood.... dangerous place...... killed." He blurts before collapsing back onto the floor.

Everyone exchanges worried glances, except Chet.

He just looked confused.

"Wait," He says dimly, "Isn't Redwood the place that we are going to."

Everyone stares at him as if to say Seriously!? How dumb are you?

"Yes." Montana glares at him.

Chet mumbles 'sorry' sassily under his breath.

Suddenly, the man shot up again and grasped Brooke's T-shirt.

"Go back! Turn back now!" He yells before falling back once again.

Everyone went quiet.

"That's totally not freaky." You say sarcastically, breaking the silence.

All the others could do was nod.

It was freaky.