Chapter Thirty-Eight

CW: mentions of death, violence

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

Robyn had been in a fair amount of strange situations in her thirteen years of living. Though, the past two years especially; she was friends with Luna Lovegood. Need she say more?

But this was definitely the strangest.

The ragtag group were making their way back through the tunnel to the base of the Whomping Willow, the cats leading the way, and she, Potter, and Granger coming in at the rear.

She snickered every time Sirius Black allowed Professor Snape's head to hit the ceiling.

Black and Potter were having what seemed to be a heartfelt conversation, so she turned back to look at Granger briefly and spoke. "Is this an annual thing for you Gryffindors? I mean, last year with the Basilisk, and now this. Got to finish the school year with a bang?"

Granger mumbled something she didn't catch; something about a sofa stone? But before she could ask, the girl spoke again.

"Harry doesn't go looking for trouble, it usually finds him."

"And where there's Potter, there's Weasley and Granger. Right?"

"Right."

They finally reached the end of the tunnel and climbed out. Luckily, the Whomping Willow was not currently whomping. The huge moon cast light on everything, making it look rather picturesque. Except, friendly Professor Lupin suddenly didn't look so friendly.

Black threw his arm out in front of Robyn, Granger, and Potter, forcing them to an abrupt halt. Robyn's stomach dropped at the sudden realisation...

"Oh, my—" Granger gasped. "He didn't take his potion tonight! He's not safe!"

"Run," Black whispered. "Run. Now."

Potter tried to lunge forward to save Weasley but Black yelled at them urgently to leave.

And Robyn wanted to. Because she did not have 'Get eaten by a werewolf' on her to-do list today. Or ever.

With that thought in mind, she tugged Granger to run away. But the girl wouldn't move. Why won't she move?

"Move, Granger!" she cried, totally panicked, as Black, in dog form, wrestled with Lupin, in werewolf form. Their whimpers and growls struck fear through her heart as they battled literally metres away. It was an awful sight; it was an awful sound.

Then, the rat-man became all-rat-no-man and scurried away. Potter gave an agonised yell. He and Granger ran to Weasley who had been attacked by Pettigrew and was seemingly unconscious. 

They were apparently about to head to the castle when a loud cry came from the darkness. Potter, after a moment of hesitation, set off at a run towards the noise. Granger followed, because, of course she would.

That left Robyn, unsure. She didn't really want to follow them towards what was probably danger, but she also didn't really want to be alone while the werewolf was on the loose. At least if she were with others, it would eat them first.

So, she followed Granger.

The three of them sprinted towards the edge of the lake where they found a human rather than a dog. Black was crouched over and crying out, "Noooo...Please..."

Robyn wished she did have her robes on, as it was really quite cold all of a sudden. Strange.

Then, she saw cloths. Floating black cloths, at least a hundred of them.