Epilogue Part 8: 07/06/98

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

07/06/98

Dear Dylan,

It's day 36.

Ok. Seriously. What is the point anymore?

Ginger Spice is leaving the Spice Girls. I can't believe it. Now they're probably going to break up before I even really got to be a fan. It's not fair. Why would she do this?

The trials are over now. All the Death Eaters that were caught have been sentenced to Azkaban. There are a couple who are still "at large" or whatever, including Adrian Pucey. Rumour has it he's escaped to Romania. If that's true, he's not doing a very good job at hiding, is he?

Anyway, with the trials out the way, and since people have had the chance to catch their breath after, you know, a war, the funerals have started.

They haven't let me out for any yet. Hermione keeps putting requests in and they keep being denied. I've missed Remus's funeral, Tonks's, Lavender's, and Snape's.

Harry came to visit after Snape's. He said it was a quiet affair, and not a lot of people showed up, which made me quite upset. He wasn't the best person in the world but he deserved better than that I think.

I also missed Father's funeral. It was on Friday. I doubt many people went to that one either but I don't actually know.

Would I have gone, if I'd been allowed? I don't know. Probably. Is that pathetic? Probably. Or maybe not. I think you would've gone. Lloyd definitely would have. Mother's still in St Mungo's. She isn't really aware of anything going on, or so Daphne finally revealed to me. Apparently, she's just vacant, sort of like an empty shell.

Well, isn't that depressing.

Fred's funeral is on Tuesday.

Yours is on Wednesday.

I already know they're not letting me out for Fred's, which I'm very upset about, but I'm still waiting to hear about yours.

I think I'll actually storm into the Ministry and punch Bjorn Belcher in the face if he doesn't allow it. I'll punch him so hard my fist will probably break again. And then I'd kick him even harder in the balls. And then I'd take my wand out from wherever he's hiding it and I'd—

Nadir has had to take charge of your and Father's funerals since I'm under house arrest, Lloyd's in Azkaban, and Mother's got brain damage or whatever. Wow, we Rosiers are really thriving, aren't we? And I'm quite sure the British Rosier line will end here, too. When (if?) I marry Hermione, I would definitely prefer to take her name. I doubt she'd want to take on a Pureblood name. I'm sure you would've become a Weasley, to Father and probably Mother's immense distaste. And Lloyd? A parent? With Draco?

I don't see it.

You and Fred are to be buried side by side in the cemetery they've built on the far side of the Black Lake, by the patch of poppies. I think that's nice. You'll be able to hear the water.

Did you know the word "cemetery" comes from the Old French "cimetiere", which itself originally comes from the Greek "koimeterion", meaning "a sleeping place"?

(I have a lot of spare time now, haven't you heard?)

I suppose that's nice too, to think that you're sleeping. I can only hope you're having sweet dreams.

I should probably give you an update on Mother. I was worried she might have to stay in St Mungo's forever. Turns out I wasn't worried for nothing: it became official on Friday. She's in the permanent ward now, where people like the Longbottoms and Gilderoy Lockhart live.

I don't really know what to say about that. I don't think there's anything to say. So I'll end it here.

Love, Robyn

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡