Chapter Sixty-One

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

Gunnar.

Gunnar was standing at the door, and he looked delighted.

"Found you, you little brat! And in a compromising position, too. Oh, I can't wait to—"

"Confundo!"

Robyn turned to Hermione, but Hermione didn't have her wand out. And it wasn't Robyn herself, either.

"Fumos," said the mystery person. They were behind Gunnar, and now there was a thick cloud of smoke covering both of them.

"W-What? What's going on? Where am I?" Gunnar said cluelessly as he tried to waft the smoke away.

And then the mystery person broke through the smoke, and it was—

"Dylan? What happened? Are you there? I'm so confused..."

"Yes, hold on, I'm trying to get rid of the smoke." She wasn't, though. She was gesturing frantically for Robyn and Hermione to leave. "What are you waiting for? Go," she hissed quietly.

Robyn grabbed Hermione's hand and rushed out the door, narrowly avoiding Gunnar, giving her sister a thankful nod.

Thank Morgana for big sisters.

Hermione tried to lead them down the corridor away from the classroom, but Robyn tugged her towards the spare broom cupboard across from it.

If only Willow could see her now.

She carefully shut the door then watched through the keyhole as the smoke surrounding Gunnar began to fade, yet he was still mumbling in confusion.

"Tell me what Confundo does exactly, please," whispered Robyn without looking back at Hermione.

"It's obvious, isn't it—?"

"Specifics, please."

"Er, okay. It's in the fifth year curriculum, but I've already read 'The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 5'—"

"Hermione."

"Right. A Confunded person can become unaware of their current situation, forget important information, or become particularly impressionable."

"Good," said Robyn firmly, watching as the smoke finally cleared, revealing a disorientated-looking Gunnar. "Good."

"What the hell just happened? Did someone attack us?" he asked, looking about wildly.

"I didn't see anyone," lied Dylan as she tried to encourage him to leave. "It was probably a prank. We should go."

"Those bloody Weasleys again, I bet."

"I don't know..."

"Weren't we looking for your sister?"

"We...already talked to her, actually."

"Did we? My brain's fried..."

"Yep, you were all macho and threatening, as usual."

"Ha, of course I was. I'm good at that."

"Mhm..."

And they were out of earshot.

Robyn let out a breath and slumped against the door, her exhaustion making itself known. "I hate him," she mumbled, shutting her eyes briefly.

"Do you...want to talk about it?"

"It's a long story."

"I have time."