Chapter Sixty

shoutout to bIlly_reads for reminding me I never put that up^ fam but just a rough version obviously oh also ignore the arrows lmao I'm not about free trials I just take screenshots and go. also note how I put hermione on top of robyn. wait what

SJFKSK anyway CW: blood and violence :P

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

"'Harry Potter's Secret Heartache'?" a Slytherin from down the table read aloud. Robyn looked up from her porridge so fast her neck cracked. Oh no...

"It's out!" Pansy said gleefully to the group, snatching a copy of Witch Weekly from a first year.

"What's out?" inquired Daphne.

Robyn looked to Draco, who looked just as pleased as Pansy. "Rita Skeeter's latest article, of course," he explained.

"It's totally juicy!" added Pansy. "Read it for yourself!"

"No, no, allow me to do the honours." With that, Draco took the magazine off Pansy and began reading to them all. It started with a load of drivel about Potter's 'pangs of adolescence' which Robyn didn't care to hear. However, her ears perked up when Draco read:

"Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizards that Harry alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival at Hogwarts of Viktor Krum, Bulgarian Seeker and hero of the last Quidditch World Cup, Miss Granger has been toying with both boys' affections. Krum, openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, has already invited her to stay with him in Bulgaria over the summer holidays and insists that he has 'never felt this way about any other girl'."

What a load of rubbish!

Hermione? Plain?

Also, she had not been toying with either of them, as far as Robyn knew. She thought Hermione ought to sue Rita Skeeter for defamation of character! Because Draco had been right earlier, there were a lot of people in the wizarding world who loved both Potter and Viktor, and if they believed this idiocy, who knows what they might do.

"However, it may not be Miss Granger's doubtful natural charms that have captured these unfortunate young boys' interests—"

"Let me read this part!" insisted Pansy as she snatched the magazine back. She cleared her throat dramatically, then read, "'She's really ugly,' says Pansy Parkinson, a pretty and vivacious fourth year student, 'but she'd be well-up to making a Love Potion, she's quite brainy. I think that's how she's doing it.' Can you believe it? I'm in Witch Weekly!"

Oh, Gods. This was not good. On the inside, Robyn was bubbling with anger and indignation. On the outside, her face was blank. However, she couldn't help but stab her porridge roughly with her spoon...as much as a spoon can stab.

And that was the extent to which she showed her emotions, because she was aware she really needed to work on doing the exact opposite, but sometimes it was too hard.

Can you blame her? She's a teenager. Of course she's going to have tumultuous emotions.

"Do you really believe all that, Pans?" Theo asked with a bit of a disbelieving laugh.

Robyn stared down at her bowl with flared nostrils as Pansy replied, "I very much believe she's ugly, and she's surprisingly brainy for a Mudblood. But maybe Viktor's just got really poor taste. You two ought to sort him out," she gestured to Robyn and Lloyd.

Robyn did not even lift her head to engage Pansy. She heard Lloyd grumble something a few people away from her. It seemed he wasn't very happy either. Perhaps he was embarrassed that a family member would go for a Mudblood.