Chapter Fifty-Four

CW: ⚠️BAD STUFF!!!⚠️ aww rats :(

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

30th October 1994

Robyn didn't see the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students arrive. Neither did her siblings. Why? Because the three of them had suddenly been pulled from school that day due to a 'family emergency' – their very close and cherished first cousin twice removed, Bran, had passed away.

A real tragedy.

Dumbledore had eyed the three of them closely as they waited to use his fireplace to leave, but he didn't actually say much more than a "Sorry for your loss."

Then, home they went.

They were greeted by their father. Mother was nowhere to be seen.

Odd, since Bran was from her side of the family.

Lloyd had been left downstairs to mourn the tragic and untimely death of Bran, the one hundred and fifty year old, while Father took the two girls upstairs to 'have a chat'. Lloyd assumed it was about boys and betrothals or some other tosh. He had no idea what would happen right above him while he relaxed on the sofa reading a Quidditch magazine, happy to have a day away from school.

Robyn knew immediately what was going to happen.

Dylan had no idea.

Robyn had known; had waited anxiously every day for over a month for something like this to happen. She had hoped for a Howler – yes, what a strange thing to hope for in anyone else's eyes, but not hers.

Dylan had no idea.

Robyn knew immediately she had to stop this, somehow.

Dylan had no idea what was coming, until it came.

"I warned you, Robyn," said their father as he stood before them in the house library. The library which used to be a place of comfort and knowledge, but was now tainted irrevocably, beyond repair.

"Father, I don't understand. Where's Mother? Is she okay? Why didn't Lloyd come up with us?"

"Quiet."

Robyn, who had been in an almost catatonic state due to the sheer dread, snapped out of it like cold water had been dumped on her. She collapsed on the floor at her father's feet and begged desperately. It felt demeaning, but she didn't care right now. "Don't- please don't- don't do it- he lied- Gunnar was lying—"

Dylan tried to pull her up, a worried expression on her face. "What's wrong? What are you talking about? Stop, take deep breaths—"

"I was talking to Neville- Neville Longbottom," Robyn sobbed. "She was just there- the Mudblood- I didn't talk to her- please—"

"Enough."

"Don't—"

"Father...?"

"Enough."

The only noise that could be heard was Robyn's shuddering breaths. She couldn't breathe, not while knowing what was about to happen.

"I warned you," repeated Father. "But for some reason, you won't listen to me. Maybe you'll listen to your sister." He lifted his wand, but he didn't point it at Robyn. Dylan was too busy trying to help Robyn get air in her lungs, she wasn't even listening. She had no idea. "Crucio."

She had no idea.

Robyn had no idea- no idea what to do. What was she supposed to do? She had to do something. What? What could she do?