LORE!!!!!!

... yall thought she really died huh

anyway no this is not the epilogue. the epilogue will come. and knowing me it'll be like 50,000 words probably split into different parts. but i haven't written it yet so... for now...

welcome to my document that i had all throughout the writing process which was entitled "keeping track". but first, still, let's be so fr...

ROBYN SHOULD BE DEAD!!!! 😱 

WHY ARE YOU BOOING ME IM RIGHT!!!!

i bent the rules. i deviated from canon. robyn should not be alive. she didn't have a blood sacrifice thing protecting her (lily's for harry), nor was she the master of the elder wand (anymore). And she also wasn't the master of death (having all three hallows) like harry was but that was just Xenophilius lovegood talk, not necessarily the truth behind why harry survived. though i wouldn't be surprised if it was also part of the reason tbf. so yeah she wasn't that either

she should be dead!

But she's not? Why, you ask???

BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!! 😌

in an alternative ending, she would be dead. in an alternative ending - which i was planning to have as the ORIGINAL ending for a while (so consider yourselves lucky) - you all who don't know the details of why harry survived, either because you only watched the films or havent read the books in a while, would've been like "it's chill. she'll come back. voldemort didn't kill her but the horcrux in her because that's what happened to harry. she's good yall"

but the reason that happened to harry was because of the reasons he explained and i just mentioned again: lily's sacrifice in harry's blood - which lives on in voldemort - and harry being the master of the elder wand - aka it would not hurt him

so then i would've ~bamboozled~ you all. because you thought she'd be ok and come back. but she wouldn't. because she shouldn't - not according to canon, anyway (and anytime i say canon, i mean the books, not the films). and i would be smirking evilly >:)

But im not smirking evilly. i couldn't kill her!!!!!!!! like she's my bestie and she's been through too much (then again maybe i should have mercy killed her since she's traumatised as fuck?). but i couldn't do it. i want her to live and be happy!!!!! she'll just have to have a fuck ton of therapy right??

i know it probably would've been smarter to just leave these details out because then most people probably wouldn't have questioned how robyn came back. but im a nerd so i wanted it in ok

so i'll say: i bent the rules/deviated from canon etc. by making the simple presence of voldemort's soul attached to robyn's enough for her to survive the killing curse because she was able to choose in limbo for the curse to destroy voldemort's soul rather than hers. maybe because her soul was the dominant one or something. and the gods (me) smiled on her because she deserved it :'). harry just had the extra protection because... he's harry potter? 

I KNOW I SUCK IM SORRY!!!!!!!!

the reason i had to do this is because one thing, really: i'm an awful planner. ive never planned an essay in my life, never mind a 100+ chapter fanfiction. would you believe me if i told you probably maybe 60%-ish of this fic was not planned and in fact came to me like halfway through writing it? if i told you i only decided to make robyn a horcrux while writing the graveyard scene in goblet of fire, or that i only decided to k*ll lana at the start of order of the phoenix, or that i only decided to make olivia robyn's cousin during half blood prince???

yup. hm. maybe i shouldn't be telling you this... maybe i should just be like yup i had it all planned from the start because im a genius. totally...

but really, that's why it's a mess. well, some parts anyway. mostly, i started this fic wanting to write a cute summer romance<3 ending in disaster</3 and i was really into hermione fics at the time so i was like fuck it. i'll do it myself. but as i was writing it i was like wait... i need context... background... ~layers~... so THEN i was like fuck it x2 - go big or go home - lets write a full blown fanfiction...