Chapter Fifty-Two

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

Two strange things happened on the way to breakfast the next day.

Firstly, when she was about to enter the Great Hall, she was stopped as a girl leaving – who she thought might be Lavender Brown – gasped loudly and stepped in her way.

She moved back, startled, confused, and tired all at once. It was too early for this.

"No way," whispered Lavender as her jaw nearly hit the floor.

"What?" snapped Robyn.

But Lavender did not tell her what. Instead, she hurried back into the Great Hall towards the Gryffindor table.

Robyn stood in her spot frowning heavily, because that was very odd.

Secondly, after she gathered her bearings and started making her way into the Great Hall herself, she was forced backwards by one Gunnar Rowle.

She ended up leaning against the wall while he stood smugly in front of her. Feeling threatened by his mere presence, she looked around for help, but there was no one. It was around the middle of breakfast; most people had already arrived and similarly wouldn't be leaving until the bell rang.

"What did that girl want from you?" he finally said.

"What do you want from me?" she retorted.

"All right, fine," he shrugged casually. "Just thought I'd let you know, since I'm a decent bloke and all, I am Eyes."

Eh?

"I have no idea what that means."

He looked disappointed, shaking his head like she was an idiot. "I am Eyes."

"You are Eyes."

"I am Eyes."

"Okay."

"Do you understand?"

"No."

He threw his hand out in frustration, and she would've backed away if she wasn't already against the wall.

"Your father has given me the all-important task of making sure you stay out of trouble this year! I am Eyes; he has Eyes everywhere! Obviously, you dunce."

Rude.

And...oh.

He continued monologuing, "Can't think of why- oh! Maybe because you spend your spare time reading Muggle shite."

"That was- that was one time," she defended weakly. In reality, she had done a lot more than just read 'Muggle shite'.

"Either way, he still doesn't trust you. Who does he trust? Me; his son-in-law."

She tried not to gag. "That's presumptuous of you."

He ignored that. "You're probably wondering why I told you."

She wasn't, not really. He was clearly making a power move. That is, now that she knew he was watching her, she'd be afraid and anxious every time he was around. And he would enjoy it, because he's evil. But he wouldn't tell her that, of course.

She decided to take the bait, anyway. "Go on."

"It's because I'm a decent bloke." Absolutely. "However, I won't be telling you who the other Eyes are."

...Other Eyes?

She tried not to have any reaction to that, because that's what he wanted. Instead, she mocked, "So, is 'Eyes' your little group's name? Does it make you feel big and scary and cool?"