Chapter Seventy

this chapter is so long and for what. idk. yolo.

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

As soon as they were in what was apparently her new room, Hermione pulled her into a tight, comforting hug.

"Missed you," Robyn mumbled into Hermione's ear.

"Missed you lots," replied Hermione, rocking them slightly. "You're okay? You're not hurt, or—"

"I'm fine."

"Sure?"

"Sure." Then, Robyn pulled away to get a proper look at the older girl. Older – definitely. "You look older," she blurted. It was true, in a good way. Hermione was looking more mature, Robyn could appreciate (respectfully).

"That's generally what happens when time passes," teased Hermione with a soft smile.

Robyn rolled her eyes. "What are you doing here? What about your parents, grandparents, Brighton?" she asked seriously.

"Oh, don't worry. I've been there, but now I'm here. It's not the same without you, anyway," said Hermione, pulling her to sit on one of the beds – there was only two, Robyn noted absently, and one was covered with the exact same Transfiguration homework she herself had done. Must be Ginny's. The one they sat on had Crookshanks sleeping soundly at the end of it.

She rolled her eyes again, but with a blush this time. "How's your grandmother, then?"

"She's brilliant. Was asking after you."

"Tell her I'm asking after her too. I never got to thank her for her...meddlesome ways."

"Oh, she was right chuffed with herself for that stunt," Hermione shook her head, holding back a laugh. "She loved the pictures, wanted to frame them. But I convinced her to let me have them to myself."

"You still have them, then?" asked Robyn quietly, leaning back against the headboard while Hermione stayed sitting on the middle of the bed.

"Of course. In my copy of 'Hogwarts: A History'."

"Your prized possession."

"My prized possessions," commented Hermione, emphasising the 's'.

"Really?"

"Very."

"Very really?"

"Really very."

"You make no sense," giggled Robyn. "Brightest witch of her age, who?" Hermione kicked her lightly. "Can you believe it's been a year?" continued Robyn nostalgically. She couldn't believe it herself.

"Actually, it'll be a year tomorrow since the pictures were taken."

Robyn was thoughtful. That had been both the best day ever and the worst...Well, actually, at this point she didn't know which day of her life had been the worst - being tortured by Father vs watching Dylan be tortured by Father vs witnessing the return of the Dark Lord plus getting Cedric Diggory killed? It was hard to say.

But, still, it had been a very special occasion with Hermione, as well.

So, yes, she didn't know how to feel about this day.

Now that she thought about it, the same thing had happened today. First, she had been down in the dumps, but then she had seen the horses, become a horse whisperer, if she might say so herself, but then she had been shat on by a seagull and attacked by a Death Eater, and now she was reunited with Hermione.