Chapter Fifty-Three

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

The very next morning, Robyn awoke early for a visit to the kitchens, hoping to Merlin that she would find Winnie there.

And find Winnie she did.

It must be her lucky day.

"Winnie!"

Winnie ran as fast as her little legs would allow and hugged onto Robyn's leg tightly. "Miss Robby is here, she is! Miss Robby is okay, she is!" she babbled incoherently while crying. Robyn patted her head fondly.

They spent a while saying sorry and arguing over who was at fault. Eventually, they decided to both be sorry and both be at fault.

(Even though Robyn knew that it was completely her fault. But she would pretend, for Winnie's sake.)

Winnie then introduced Robyn to an elf who had arrived with her, called—

"Dobby is pleased to meet you, miss!"

Dobby was wearing much bolder and brighter clothes than the other elves, which she found interesting.

Then, she remembered Hermione had told her about Dobby after their fiasco in this very kitchen, and Robyn had said he must be a unique elf.

Well, she had been right. Dobby was, indeed, unique.

Winnie seemed wary of him as he chattered on about how happy he was to be paid one Galleon a week. An elf nearby, who didn't look very well, scoffed in disgust. Robyn looked at her for only a second before Dobby caught her attention again.

"Harry Potter! Do you know Harry Potter, miss?"

"I know of him..."

"Won't you bring him to Dobby, miss? Won't you, miss?" pleaded Dobby. Robyn hesitated, unsure about talking to Potter, but Dobby didn't let her ponder for too long. "Won't you, miss?" he pleaded again. She couldn't bring herself to say no.

"I'll make sure he comes down."

Dobby hugged her leg enthusiastically and thanked her several times before Winnie shooed him away so they could talk more. Then, Robyn left for breakfast.

And for breakfast, she ate porridge with bananas and raisins. In fact, she ate it every morning for the next couple of weeks.

She didn't like it, but she ate it anyway.

Today, especially, she needed as much energy and brainpower as she could get, as after classes would be her first ever Occlumency lesson with Professor Snape, finally. And she was nervous as anything. He wasn't exactly known for his hospitality.

Plus, he had been more indifferent towards her after the whole Sirius Black thing.

And she most definitely didn't want him seeing the same stuff her father had seen.

Her whole day was spent in relative silence as she preferred to practice building up her defences in her mind than to stay present in classes. That earned her a telling off from Professor McGonagall, but she didn't care. This was too important.

When double Potions ended that afternoon and everyone got up to leave, Robyn stayed put.

"Aren't you coming?" asked Astoria as she packed up her work.

"I have something to discuss with Professor Snape."

"Really? What is it?"

"Nothing."

"But—"

"Hey, I just saw Lloyd walk past the door," lied Robyn.

Astoria turned her attention abruptly to the exit. "Oh! Er, I'll- I'll go tell him you said hi!"