Chapter 36

There was a loud crash that came from one of the dorm rooms upstairs.

Jade glanced nervously at Rick, who just shook his head sadly. "We should leave him alone for a bit, he's been quiet since we left the Hilton Nightclub."

Rick, Colleen and Jade sat in the lounge room, a mutual silence passed between them. The kidnapping of Lara and Kian had taken a toll on everyone.

Nick had been quiet the entire ride home from the club, it was almost frightening. His usually bubbly, goofy charming self was now replaced with a dark, silent, fuming and concerned Nick.

As soon as they had gotten home Nick had gone straight to his room upstairs. He had been silent up there for over an hour but now a few crashes and loud thumping could be heard now and then. However, no one dared disturb him.

Although Nick was friendly and all he was still a protector and was stronger then a normal wolf. The energy he radiated and his strength came close to the same one of an Alpha.

An angry protector had the potential to be very dangerous if they couldn't control themselves.

"You reckon he'll be ok?" Jade asked concerned.

"Yeah he's going through a hard time, we should let him blow off steam. It's not easy for him." Rick said patting her on the shoulder.

Suddenly Cody and Ben walked into the room.

"Everything is under control. We've done our best to calm everyone from both packs down after the word spread. Definitely wasn't easy." Said Ben, Kian's beta, as he claimed a seat next to Jade.

Jade's heart did a little flutter as she tried to keep her cool.

"Yeah, everything is running smoothly, the warriors are on high alert in case we need them and I've upped the number of wolves on the patrol team." Added Cody, who was in charge of the patrol teams and (Nick's best friend), as he took a seat on the couch across from them, beside Rick.

Rick leaned forward, propping his elbow on his knees as he seemed deep in thought.

"I don't think we should have many vampires crossing into our territory, as the True Luna isn't here, but it's a good thing to stay on high alert as a pack is weak without its alpha or Luna." Rick said to them.

"We need to discuss a plan of how we are going to find Lara and Kian. We don't know where the Hunters took them."

"They have to be located somewhere in this town."

"I think I can be of help with that." Colleen pipped in. "I can use a tracking spell on her and Kian. But I'll need the help of my coven to preform the spell as it requires a lot of power."

"That's great, Colleen." Rick said cheerfully.

"The Northern pack has also agreed to help us out if we need more warriors here or to help with the rescue of Kian and Lara." He added.

All of them nodded.

Suddenly the doors opened as Nick walked into the room.

"I've just received word that the council have written us a letter, requesting a meeting with The True Luna and me." He announced to the group as he walked in.

He leaned up against the desk Colleen was sitting at.

He seemed surprisingly normal now which made everyone look at each other confusedly.

"John is on his way back now with the letter. The council don't know though about our current situation." He added.

"Why would they want to meet you and Lara?" Jade asked, worried.