Chapter 27

~~~~Kian's POV~~~~~~

Where was he?

He always seemed to disappear whenever I needed him

I walked down the corridor looking for my best friend, Ben. Although I had stayed at Sabrina's pack for a few days and had been given a tour, I was still a bit unfamiliar with everything. This place was very elegant. I had two and a half hours before the coronation and mating ceremony started and I needed Ben's help to set up, I had been stuck with Sabrina all day yesterday and had nearly ripped my hair out at all the decision making she needed help with, "What do you think of this? Does this colour go with my skin tone? What colour flowers should we have, orange or pink?" Urghhh.

Don't get me wrong Sabrina was nice but sometimes she was just too over whelming and picky.

I honestly didn't give a damn I just wanted to get this over and done with. Ben was better at handling this stuff.

Just as I turned the corner I saw Sabrina walking my way with two other girls.

Oh shit. I quickly ducked into another corridor which led me down stairs. It was dark so they couldn't see me as I pressed my back against the wall. As they walked past I recoginsed the voices belonged to the same two girls who where with Sabrina at the dance yesterday but I couldn't remember their names.

"Oh Sabrina, Im so excited for you!!"

"Me too, you and Kian are gonna make such a cute couple!"

"Oh I know we are just made for each other. Speaking of Kian, where is he? I've been looking for him all morning."

I let out a relived sigh as their voices started to fade. I was in the clear. Just as I was about to walk back up the stairs something caught my eye. My eyes widened in shock at the object in front of me.

It was a small, glowing blue orb and it was dancing around.

Flashes of memories from my childhood played in my mind. They where of ones with my mother before she died and we were sitting outside at night, looking at the stars. "Mum, Mum look is a glowingy blue thing!" I pointed at the mysterious object swirling above me. It danced around memaking me laugh.

"Oh my, well you look at that, it's the spirits." she said cheerfully with a big smile on her face.

"Spirits?"

"Yes darling, spirits. They are sent by the moon goddess to look out for us. However they don't always reveal themselves only in times of need, or to special people, like you my little king." she said showering me with kisses and tickles making me sequel and laugh. A few seconds later she started having a coughing fit. "Mummy are you ok?"

"Yes im ok darling." she said still coughing but not as hard. She had a sad look in her eyes but she still smiled warmly at me.

I shook my head clearing my head of the memory and continued to look at the orb. What was it doing here?

I tried to touch it but it quickly moved away, further down the dark stairs so I followed it. It lead me to another empty corridor and then to a dark wooden door, disappearing though it.

I reached out for the door handle but froze when I heard a faint, soft crying coming from the other side of the door. It was so quiet even with my wolf hearing. How strange. It made me even more curious.

I quietly opened the door, not wanting to make a sound. When I looked inside it was very dark. There where cells everywhere.

A dungeon?