Chapter 38

"You have to let me go, I have to find Kian!" I shouted to the hunter guards.

"I'm afraid we can't do that. Our orders are to protect you." One of them shouted over the noise of bullets from outside.

"I can help you. They are after me!" But it was no use they wouldn't listen to me.

I turned to the Doc. "May, you have to take my collar off. I can't protect myself with this thing." It was the first time I had addressed her by her name. She looked at me, her eyes wide with hesitance. She seemed for once frightened and so fragile.

"N-no, I can't. Jackson will get mad at me if you escape." She looked at the floor in disbelief. She was going into shock and she looked like she wanted to cry as she clutched her papers to her chest.

I had to go find Kian. He could be in trouble.

The door bust open and a man dressed in hunter gear ran in but a vampire grabbed him by his ankle causing him to fall as the vampire pulled him back outside to the corridor. The man's gurgling screams could be heard outside.

One of my body guard hunters recognised the man and ran after him in attempt to save him but it was no use, because another vampire lunged at him from the side.

"No!" Shouted the other guard as he shot the vampires killing a couple who tried to come inside. He leaned against the door trying to keep it closed as Vampires tried to push it open.

The hunters were loosing. I had to do something. Otherwise we would be ambushed.

I ran up next to the guard and helped him keep the door closed.

The guard grabbed his walkie talkie with one hand, turning it on. "Hunter Malek on the line here, we need back up! I repeat all available units we need back up to the Doc's room. We are being ambushed by vampires! I repeat-" suddenly the line went dead. The guard -Malek, cursed under his breathe.

"Malek you have to take my collar off! I can't shift or use my abilities if I have this thing on."

He looked down at me, eyes wide with fear as both of us continued to keep the door closed.

"Please," I whispered. "Let me save them."

He nodded in agreement. He rummaged in his pocket for the control to my collar.

Another nearby explosion shook the building.

Malek held the control to my neck as he typed in a code on the remote. It made a loud beep sound before unclipping and falling to the ground.

I felt my wolf inside howl in happiness at our freedom. I let out a sigh as I touched my neck no longer feeling the harsh metal.

I looked up at him grateful, "Thankyou."

He nodded.

"I need you to tell me where they are keeping Kian."

"He's on the South wing on the 3rd floor." He replied grunting as he held the door.

I was in Alpha mode now. "Ok, I need you to go help the Doc out and take her to safety. When you get the chance, run and help your friends."

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

I took a step back from the door and away from him.