Chapter 39

Lara's POV

Kian, Nick, Tyler, Lexi and I ran down the empty corridors.

Tyler and Lexi had volunteered to come with us as we needed someone who knew how to unlock the weapons area.
I was surprised Tyler hadn't attempted to shoot me.

Part of me still didn't trust him as he was violent but so far he hadn't tried anything on me or my kind.

"Turn right here, it's just up the corner!" Tyler shouted out as we followed him.

"We've only got a few minutes before the spell wears off and the vampires come after us." I warned. We were inside a transparent four meter bubble that shimmered around us.

Once we made it into the weapons room the hunters went and collected their weapons of choice. The walls where covered in all kinds of weapons from bow n arrows, to fancy guns of all sizes and even spears. I could smell some of them were made from wolfsbane.

They were weapons created to destroy supernaturals.

Lexi went onto one of the computers that was in the corners and started typing away. "I'm putting the building into lockdown mode and smoking out the areas with vampires. It should get them out. By the looks of it your friends seem to have driven them off to the east side near the exit point which is good. They have done a good job at getting rid of them so far, the numbers are going down dramatically."

"Okay quick get enough weapons so we can give to the others, then we can go provide them with back up."

I saw a few more other hunter run into the room. They must have seen as make it into the room

"We are here to help" they said. I nodded at them and passed them some weapons.

"Take as many as you can. Spread out through out the building and used them to take out the remaining vampires" Kian told them. They nodded and ran back out, I could hear muffled gun shots in the distance which must have been them.

"okay lets move out!" i instructed them once they had everything

We ran back to the meet to the others when suddenly a voice could be heard over the PA speakers and we all froze in our tracts as we formed a protective circle ready in case of an attack.

"Well well Lara." A familiar chilling dark voice spoke over the microphone speakers around the building.

It made my skin pickle and wolf alert.

It was the vampire prince. Dorian.

I had met him a few weeks ago in the dark alley way.
It was not a pleasant experience.

"He's must be in the room where we were earlier, in the headquarters room." Lexi said to us.

"Listen closely Lara." he warned, "I gave you the chance to give yourself up and you made it difficult for me and now I see that you've decided to side with not only our common enemy but you're also helping them after everything their kind has done to us supernatural beings. Let me remind you Lara what happens to the people around you. They get hurt."

No. I could sense something bad about to happen. my wolf was uneasy.

Suddenly Jade's concerned voice was in my head through the mindlink.

"Lara! There's too many of them out here! They've surrounded Ben, Rosie and I. Rosie's seriously injured. I don't know what to do." I could sense her wolf going into panic.

"Jade I'm coming, hold on!" , I said to her as I ran in the direction they were.

"Lara wait up!" Nick said as I sensed the others following behind.

"Lara, they have a witch here! I can see her! She's mumbling something..."

Then suddenly I felt Kian's energy shift. He shifted into his black wolf form looking panicked. His eyes where cloudy as he was mind linking someone.

Suddenly his wolf let out a whimper as he shook his head backing awake. He was acting as if he was trying to shift something of him.

What was going on

He shifted back into human floor hunched over breathless, his eyes were wide in fear. "I can't feel Ben and Rosie's bond anymore".

Suddenly a cold shiver went down my entire body as I knew what was about to happen.

"Rosie and Ben are freaking out, they can't feel their alpha and the pack anymore. It's the witch she cutting their bonds off from the pack- .... Lara she's-"

Jade's voice was cut off and there was silence on her end. Thats when I felt it too.

Nothing only an empty space where her link was.

Her bond was gone. I fell to my knees breathless and my wolf in full panic.

"They will make great additions to our blood bags" he said amused. I heard his laugh before the speaker cut off.

They had always told us that forcefully cutting off or breaking a bond of a pack mate was one of the most painful things an alpha and luna could go though. I couldn't describe the pain my wolf was in. It was like a part of my was ripped out.

I was on my feet running out the room before I knew it. I was in wolf form now all I could think of was my friends who the witch had cut off. I had to find my way out and try get to them before it was too late.

I didn't ever realise how fast my wolf was because when I looked behind me I couldn't see the others but if could hear there footsteps echoing as they followed.

The hallways were empty.
All the vampires had been killed or gone.

When I got the the outside area to where Jade's smell was last it was empty and quiet.

There was lots of wolf blood and vampire ash, but no sign of Jade or Ben and Rosie.

Not even their bodies.

They had been taken by the vampires.

I let out a howl of sadness in hopes I'd hear one back from them, but nothing.

Nothing but silence on their end.

I shifted back into human form letting out a scream of frustration and anger as I fell to my hands and knees defeated.