Chapter 33

*** Back to Lara's POV****

As I slowly opened my eyes I squinted from the bright light, bringing my hand to hover over my face, shielding my eyes.

I looked around at my surroundings trying to take in where I was. The room was unfamiliar and it was definitely not mine which made me worry slightly.

The morning sunlight shone through the windows. The room was very elegant and I recongized it immediately as being one of the spare guest rooms where only important guest stayed in. It looked like someone was already staying here.

That could only mean one thing. A wave of dread pass over me.

No no, please don't be who's room I think it is. I prayed

Suddenly my attention was brought by the sound of the door, creaking opening.

My breath hitched, I felt exposed and I wanted to run for some reason. Where were the others? Where was Nick?

Kian casually walked in wearing his usual blank expression. He was good at hiding his emotions, making it hard to read him.

"So you're finally awake. Good to see."

I sat up right, my head feeling slightly heavy as the blood rushed to my head.

My memories began flooding back to me. The ceremony. Kian being crowd Alpha of DarkNight pack and me officially becoming True Luna and leader of my pack.

That's when I remembered how I had broken his promise about not interfering with the ceremony.

He probably felt mad and betrayed. However I was surprised when he handed me a glass of water.
"I brought you some water. Drink."

I looked up at him and then at the glass of water, sceptically. Why was he being nice to me?

I decided to take it anyway. I didn't realise how thirsty I was until I took a sip, feeling the cold water soothe my parched and raspy throat. I ended up downing the whole thing in one go.

I felt the bed dip as Kian took a seat at the side of the bed in front of me.

"Thankyou." my voice came out firmer then I expected. He nodded in response.

"What happened, how long was I out for?" I said looking out the three story window, which gave me a view of the Forrest.

"Two days."

I turned back to look at him in surprise.
"Two days?!"

"Yeah you were out like a rock. No one could wake you up. Colleen said your body was 'recharging' and adjusting to the True Luna sprint within you." he said as he looked away  with a stony expression. I thought for a second I detected a hint of what seemed like despise in his voice when he said True Luna spirit, but it quickly disappeared. When he looked back at me, his expression was back to normal. Well more like unreadable.

"Why am I here..." I looked around before continuing, " in your room?"

I could hear the bluntness in my voice and I mentally slapped myself at my harshness. I could see he noticed the edge in my voice so I continued in a softer tone "..and do you know where are the others are?"

"Colleen said we had to keep a close eye on you, now that the Vampires know of your existence so I knew you would be safer here in the pack house and if by other's you refer to Rick, Colleen, Jade and Nick, well Rick is at the gym with the warriors, Colleen is in the library, Jade I think is in the kitchen helping herself to food instead of helping the chefs," I chuckled slightly at this