Chapter 13

I didn't know where I was going but all I wanted was to get away from that house. I wanted to get away from everything. All the secrets.

Just when I thought all the secrets had been revealed another one explodes in my face. Was my whole life a lie?
I had only recently found out that my real mother was Rosalyn, the Luna's sister and that I was the Last True Luna, a rare wolf with abilities. I had been so wrapped up in all that that I hadn't even though about who my real father might be. I thought he might have been dead like my mother but no. My real father had been under my nose this whole time. He was the strongest pack fighter.

My father was Rick. The one who taught me how to throw my first punch.  The one who would listen and comfort me when I felt down. The one who knew me like the back of his hand.
We didn't really look similar, I guess I took after my mother.
He knew. This whole time he knew!

It felt like I had a sharp blade in my stomach and it was carving out all my insides trying to cut a hole in me.
My parents must have known too, yet they kept it a secret? Was that why he was always around?

I felt hot tears burning my eyes as I sprinted through the silent night. My throat was stinging from panting as the cold air whipped past me blowing my dark hair back.

I felt like I had been running for hours but it was probably 30 minutes. I turned the corner when I saw a reserve which I knew would lead to the Forrest.

"Lara!...where are you going? Lara stop running away" I heard a voice yell from a distance. I turned my head slightly to catch a glimpse of Nick's tall, slender body sprinting behind me to catch up
Urghh No!

Why was he following me? Didn't he understand that I wanted to be alone? 
"Go away! Leave me alone." I shouted back as loud as I could but it sounded weak through my tears.
"Don't make me chase you and tackle you" I heard him yell.
I felt a small shiver run down my spine but I wasn't sure if it was the cold or him close behind.

As I ran past the tall, dark trees trying to lose him, I risked taking another glimpse behind me and saw him much closer then before and his eyes where no longer the blue ones of his wolf, they were glowing green now

As I ran past the tall, dark trees trying to lose him, I risked taking another glimpse behind me and saw him much closer then before and his eyes where no longer the blue ones of his wolf, they were glowing green now. He was using his protector speed. Damn it! Why won't he listen.

Before I knew it I lunged into the air and felt my bones crack as I shifted into my wolf form and landed gracefully on all fours on the soft dirt.

"God Damn it Lara!" I heard him mutter frustrated under his breath.

Without looking back I ran using my Luna speed this time as I zoomed passed the trees in my large form, covering more ground.
But it wasn't long till I heard a low, deep, menacing growl echo through the trees and being carried by the wind.
I slowed slightly as my ears twitches back and forth scanning my surroundings.