Chapter 21

We where back at Nick's house and I had managed to get myself cleaned up from all the Vampire dust and in fresh pyjamas, and after repeatedly telling Jade I was fine and that it wasn't her fault, but mine for running off, she had to head back home because her parents were expecting her back.

Now, I found myself sitting on the couch watching Nick pace up and down.

I knew he was feeling angry and annoyed at himself after I told him about my encounter with the Vampire Prince and how I was ambushed by vampires, but I hadn't told them about Kian showing up yet.

"Nick it's ok I'm fine. Nothing happened."

Colleen was sitting next to Rick on the other couch, opposite to me. Rick seemed deep in thought. They both had been worried when they arrived after Nick called them and informed them of what happen but where now silent as they assessed the situation.

"Colleen, can you please reassure Nick that I am fine and that I can protect myself." I asked.

Colleen took a sip of her tea and as she leaned back in her seat.

I was a bit surprised at her calmness.

Nick stopped to look at Rick and Colleen in confusion and disbelief.
"How can you guys be so calm. Dorian knows of her existences which means that the Vampire King will most likely know by now that there is a True Luna out there, meaning that Lara is in danger, yet here you two are drinking tea." He rambled in disbelief.

Colleen decided to speak up. "What's done is done. We cannot stop Eric from finding out now that Dorian knows. We have to be on high alert and prepare Lara for what is to come."

Rick stood up from the couch. "Colleen is right. But from now on Lara you have to be careful. You have to have control over your wolf. I know you are stronger and you're capable of handling vampires but you can not be throwing yourself into dangerous situations With out at least back up."

"Yeah I understand." I nodded.

"It seems as that encounter has triggered the full awakening of your true wolf, which means your instincts will be stronger."

"How long will her training continue?" Nick asked.

Colleen put her tea down on the small table in between us and looked at me.
"I've taught you everything you need to know but it's up to you to learn the rest Lara." She took a deep breath as she asked "Now is there anything else we should know about?"

I was going to tell them about Kian, but for some reason I decided to keep it to myself. Nick was already on edge as it was and I didn't want to worry him even more.

If I encounter Kian again then I will tell them.

I looked up at them. "No. Nothing else."

Colleen nodded and stood up. "Well I'll let you get some sleep Lara. You seem exhausted. Inform me if anything happens."
Nick nodded at her in response.

Rick gave me a squeeze on the shoulder as he and Colleen headed out the door. "Take care kiddo."

I let out an exhausted breath as I sank back into the couch and let the memory of what had happened tonight play in my mind.

There was still a question that was floating in my head. I looked up at Nick, "I'm curious. How were you able to find me?"

Nick took a deep sign as he plopped himself on the couch where Colleen and Rick had been sitting on.
"It was my Protector wolf. I had a strong feeling. I realised it had something to do with you because my wolf suddenly went crazy and I started feeling very weird. It's like I could sense your wolf's strong emotions of fear and anxiousness I guess and then when I was close Jade mind linked me."

"Oh. So you can feel like my wolf's emotions?" I asked confused.

"Yes and no. I think I can only feel them if they are strong emotions. For example, like right now I don't feel anything."

"So it's like a protector bond thingy?"

"Yeah."

"Hmm, that's pretty interesting."

Nick continued explaining and talking but I was starting to feel tired.

I let out a load yawn as I felt my eyes begging to close from sleepyness. All this Luna stuff had tired me out and had felt draining.

Maybe this is what Colleen meant when she said that using my powers would drain me and make me feel more tired the more I used them. Not that I had used the so much but still.

Sure enough before I knew it I was asleep, but not before I felt the warmth of a body as large, strong arms lift me up and carry me.

~~Nick's POV ~~

As I set her gently down into my bed, a small whimper escaped her lips when I removed my arms.

"Shh it's ok, I'm here Princess." I said as I gently ran my hand over the back of her head in a soothing motion. I felt her let out as small mumble as she subconsciously made an attempt to grab my arm.
Shocked and surprised at her movement, I froze.
"Don't leave me... Stay." She mumbled barely audible, that I had to use my wolf hearing.
Was she awake?
I stayed still for a few seconds to see if she was awake but was amused when she let out a small snore.

I chuckled to myself at her adorableness.

Nope definitely asleep.

I got back on the bed and laid beside her. She won't mind, right?
As soon as I did her body seemed to respond because she shuffled closer into my chest so I placed my chin on top of her head and an arm around her.

I felt a sense of ease and content as I held her close to me. I could also feel my wolf purring in happiness from being close to the one we were protecting. It was like we could stay like this forever. Frozen in time. We could protect her from anything.

The feeling I got tonight was not something I wanted to feel again ever. I had to keep her safe. I had a feeling this was only the beginning and that things were only going to get worse, especially after what she told me about what Dorian said to her.

I gently continued to caress her hair.
"It's ok princess, I'm not going anywhere.
I'll keep you safe." 

***********

Yay another one done.

I hope you liked it.
Have a lovely day/night my wolfie readers🐺

Please Comment Vote Follow