Chapter 28

~~~~Lara's POV~~~~~

I was so caught up in my own thoughts that I didn't realise someone was here until I heard the sound of someones foot steps. I whipped around alertly expecting it to be Eleanor or Martha ready to torture me again, but I was surprised when I saw the person I was least expecting to see. My eyes widened with shock.

Kian?

He was standing at the gate, watching me with his curious blue eyes.
Was he with Eleanor? Did she send him?

Shocked and a bit off guard I said, "Wha-what are you doing here?"

He leaned his head forward slightly as he looked around my cell and then back at me.
"Better question is why are you here?" He said sceptically.

I furrowed my eyebrows and bit my lip hesitantly as I thought.
Should I tell him? I wasn't sure if I could trust him. He's going to find out sooner or later. What if he's with Sabrina, and doesn't help me, after all if I challenge Eleanor, it would mean he would no longer be Alpha of my pack. He might not like that. I argued with my self.

"I'm not here to hurt you if that's what you're thinking." I nearly scoffed. I didn't know whether he was being serious or just trying to make me bring down my defence walls. He was known for being violent and tough on others.

"Yeah well that's hard to believe coming from you." His jaw tensed and his eyes turned cold.
He almost looked hurt.

Oops. Maybe that was a bit harsh.

His tone became a bit colder. "You should watch what you say. I don't like being disrespected. Now tell me, what are you doing here. Who are you?" He said, voice laced with dominance to get me to talk. It would have worked if my wolf wasn't so dominant, but it didn't faze me. However I was surprise, did he not recognise me?

He probably can't see your face since you're sitting in the shadows, but once he sees you clearly, he will. My conscious muttered.

I stood up from the ground, brushing off dirt from my dress. I felt his eyes watching my every move, like a hawk watching it's pray.

I wasn't going to tell him everything. He had to earn my trust first.

"My name is Lara King and I belong to the SilverMoon pack. - Look I'm not sure how much I can tell you right now, but all I can say is that if you don't get me out of here, bad things are going to happen. You need to trust me."

His left eye brow lifted up in confusion, he didn't seem to believe me. "Wait bad things? And why in the hell would your own Luna lock you up in here? If you want me to let you out you have to explain. How do I know you're not a traitor or a rogue? You don't even have a pack or an individual scent which is even stranger." He said unsure whether to trust me, one eye brow slightly lifted. That's right, I still must have had Colleen's spell which masked my scent, on me.

I couldn't tell him about Colleen, not yet. Most werewolves believed witches were bad and not trustable, like Martha, but that wasn't true. There were light witches like Colleen who used their powers for good. But if Kian knew I was working with a witch he would no longer trust me or let me out.

"Wait, you're the one they mentioned at the pack meeting on the field." He said, piecing things together.

I recalled the memory. "Yeah that was me." I crossed my arms and leaned casually against the wall crossing my arms.

His eyes seemed to squint slightly as he tried to get a look at my face, making my pulse race nervously. He seemed deep in thought."Why were they looking for you? It seemed so urgent too."