Chapter 20

***Nick's POV***
My mind seemed to keep wondering to Lara.
Was she safe?
Would anybody from the pack notice her?
I knew how stubborn she could be. She always tried to be tough and did reckless things. It was something I had learned when we were together.

When we broke up it was extremely hard. I just couldn't stop loving her and I knew I hurt her, which was what hurt me the most. She had always been the one thing in my mind, during the year I left for training. I always felt this sort of pull towards her and the need to protect her but I dismiss it, never imagining it would be her who would be the True Luna.

My thoughts where disturbed as Rick's loud voice filled that air. Both pack warriors listened to Stephan, Rick and the Beta from the other pack- Ben, discuss the pack patrol routine to each of the warriors.

"We'll have to have extra people for the North-East side because that seems to be the targeting areas for where vampire attacks are. Cody and Nick are the ones who are in charge of the patrol team for those areas."

Cody, my best friend and also my patrol partner, whispered into my side, "Dude I don't know how I feel about all this, it's gonna be so weird joining packs with the BlackNight pack."

I let out a sigh, "I know but there's nothing we can do. At least this will help keep our defense up for any vampire attack. It doesn't help that we are loosing people." I said.

"I just find that so weird how for some reason, vampires are able to cross the boarder line without us knowing. Trust me, I know a vampire is near before I've even seen it, yet I can't smell a vampire when they cross the boarder line. It's so weird." His forehead creased as he seem to be deep in thought.

Cody was right now that I think about it, it was weird.

My thoughts where interrupted when I heard someone call out my name.
"Nick can you come out here and explain, as second in command of the warrior's, about the things the other pack should keep an eye out for?"

"Yeah sure."

As people parted and moved out of my path respectfully, I made my way to the front of the crowd to stand beside Rick.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Luna Eleanor, Alpha Jessen, Sabrina and Kian standing further away from us, probably discussing about something important. Both males look strong and dominant. They seemed like the type of people whose bad side you wouldn't wanna be on.

When I glanced at Kian he seemed like he wasn't interested. He looked like he was bored, annoyed and being forced to listen but only wanted to get out of there.

I wonder what's up with him.

Once we finished the meeting Rick told us to get into our new teams so we would be able to go for an run to help people from the other pack familiarise themselves with their allocated area. The teams varied from between 4-6 depending on the area.

"Once everyone knows what group they're with and have been showed your area you'll be patrolling you are welcome to come back to the pack house, our pack chef Katie will have a warm meal prepared for those who chose to come." Eleanor informed everyone before heading back with Sabrina to I'm guessing the pack house. While Kian and Alpha Jessen seemed to be in a deep conversation.

"Alright, my team for those of you who don't know me I'm Nick and we will be given the North-East side, hence the big group. I want everyone to be alert and on edge because it's our responsibility to make sure no vampire comes onto our territory."
There were only three new people who had joined my group who belonged to the other pack but most of them belonged to our pack.

"Ok guys everyone follow me and stay close."

Rick gave me a nod to head off. Before we shifted and headed of I caught Alpha Jessen calling after Kian as he took off angrily into the woods in his wolf form. They must have had a disagreement or something.

Weird

About 20 minutes into our run, this strange wave of anxiousness came over me. The back of my head started hurting and my vision was beginning to blur which made me nearly stumble.

'Yo Nick, are you alright man?' Cody mind linked me. 'You seem weird.'

'I don't know what's happening to me I feel like I'm going to be sick.' I replied back as I started slowing down my pace. I tried shaking my head to get my self to focus but it didn't help much.

Suddenly a feeling of fear washed over my wolf but I didn't know why I was feeling scared because I wasn't.

This was something I had never experienced before.

I was confused. This isn't my wolf's fear.

It felt like my wolf instincts where trying to tell me something.

Danger.

Then realisation hit me. It was my Protector side.

Vampire

True Luna.

Lara!

She was in danger. I had to find her!

'Cody I have to go. Can you guide the team back home? We're pretty much done here.'

'Sure no problem.' He replied.

With that I disappeared into the night as I let my wolf take control and guide me to Lara.
I prayed she was safe and it wasn't too late.

Hold on. Please, be safe Lara.

*****************

There you go!
Thought I might give your a bit of Nick's side of the story.
AND I know I'm sorry for the long wait. I had one of those 'writer's mental block' and was struggling to write this chapter.

But can I just say OMG 10.9k views!! Last time I uploaded a chapter I had 2k so I'm so happy people are voting and sending their support!! I was starting to think that this story wasn't very good but I'm glad to hear you guys are loving it!! And I just wanna say THANKYOU because you help keep me motivated to continue.

So if you love this story please
Vote , Comment  and Follow it really means a lot.

Byee 💕💕