Chapter 11

The rest of the day went by quickly as Colleen helped me train my Luna powers. She even got Nick to throw knives at me and I had to used my Luna senses and reflexes to dodge them as I was blind folded. Crazy right!

I was also able to create a fire ball from my hand by using a candle, move water around and create a small wind storm which felt incredible.

Somehow after all that training I felt more powerful. As if my whole life I have been holding back a part of me I never knew I was holding back.
Like a bird in a cage unable to fly but now I could spread my beautiful wings and soar through the sky.
It felt amazing but at the same time my body felt sore and I felt tired.

I wipe my sweaty face with a towel Nick and I had each been provided with.

"I have to admit you have trained incredibly hard today and have learned how to use your Luna senses and powers much faster then I expected you to."

"What can I say I'm a quick learner." I said breathlessly as I finished doing sprints on the trend mill to see how fast I could run.
"I think we are done for the day" Colleen said as she looked at Nick and I.

"Shall I take her to stay at my house?"
I heard him ask her.

No way was I going to his house.

"I am not staying at your house" I protested.
"Lara have you forgotten, Nick is your Protector and he is to stay by your side at all times, especially since the Eleanor is on the look out for you."
I groaned internally I knew she wasn't going to let me go off myself no matter how much I fought against it.

I looked at Nick and he gave me a what-can-I-say shrug but I saw the small smug smirk threatening to form on the corners of his lips.

As we arrived back at the front of the house ready to head off, Colleen turned to look at me.

"Lara the ceremony coronation for the new Luna is soon, I can feel it. You will have to challenge the Luna and claim it as your rightful position as True Luna. Otherwise a darkness will come, the Vampire king will gain power and corrupt the human world causing the balance of life to fall."

I kept my head held high as I tried to keep my expression cool but somehow I couldn't help the deep feeling inside, I felt a small twist of fear form.
Luna Eleanor was much older and had more experience fighting, she could easily kill me.

But then I remembered the horrifying night of my parents death and the look Eleanor gave me from the balcony before she left like she new what was going to happen. That was all I needed for the fear to disappear only to be replaced by anger and hatred towards her.

Suddenly my thoughts were cut off by a loud knock on the front door.

I gasped, worry running through me.
Could it be Stephan and the pack worriers. How had they already found me so fast?

I looked at Colleen but she didn't seem fazed. "I sense the spirits have brought a visitor. I wonder who it is?"
She said as she walked to the door.

In a blink of an eye Nick was standing in front of me in a protective stance. His gaze was focused on the door and his body was slightly tense. My stomach gave a small squeeze at his closeness.
His cologne smelt so good.
Stop it Lara now is not the time!  My  conscious said.

My heart started racing and I could feel my breath quickening as Colleen opened the door.

I inhaled sharply, surprised to see who the person was standing at the door.

Rick?

*******
Hope you like!! Xx